CSV import thousands records (bugs)?

Please report bugs and any annoyances here. Kindly include all possible details: steps to reproduce, expected result, actual result, screenshots, ... etc.
sacgtdev
Veteran Member

CSV import thousands records (bugs)?

Post by sacgtdev » 2021-08-03 00:03

I have using csv import for thousands of records. Below is my observation:

1) the data import quickly into the table as it was observed the data have already loaded into the db table even the process not complete yet.
2) the process of registering membership_userrecords takes much longer time. It tooks me 10 hours for 70,000 records. However, I have tested it in another environment (XAMPP), the process is quicker. Perhaps is the php.ini settings, do you know which settings can improve the process.

3) Sometimes, the import is not incomplete. There are remaining records was not imported. Further delve into the characteristics of unimported records, there were simply records ending with zeros for several fields including the last field. Not sure whether this is the problem. But, I have done the import separately for these 'unimported records', it was successfully imported.

4) It have to keep the browser open to wait for the import process to complete. Closing down browser will stop the process and it will resume after the same permalink was opened.