Image, Rich (HTML) after forum briefing

Please report bugs and any annoyances here. Kindly include all possible details: steps to reproduce, expected result, actual result, screenshots, ... etc.
hubert
Veteran Member

Image, Rich (HTML) after forum briefing

Post by hubert » 2021-07-27 16:10

Hi,
Read in monthly brief that rich (HTML) area could help.
Great ! I need this improvement !
But ... it doesn't work, when I want to generate, I have this error :
In order for the field to be an image, it must have a datatype Char ou Varchar ...
And of course, tried some changes, datatype changes, nothing works.
Anu idea ?
AppGini 5.97

jsetzer
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Re: Image, Rich (HTML) after forum briefing

Post by jsetzer » 2021-07-27 18:06

Try datatype TEXT and select RICHTEXT
Kind regards,
<js />

My AppGini Blog:
https://appgini.bizzworxx.de/blog

You can help us helping you:
Please always put code fragments inside [code]...[/code] blocks for better readability

AppGini 24.10 Revision 1579 + all AppGini Helper tools

hubert
Veteran Member

Post by hubert » 2021-07-28 06:56

Hi jsetzer

Thx for help.
But ..
If I just choose text datatype and rich(HTML) with no more info, ok, I can insert an image from clipboard or copy/paste image or use the "insert image" button.

But I can do nothing with it, either it's too large and as I cannot enlarge the field I only see part of it, either it's tiny and I see nothing than black
No possibility to choose size or any, I cannot edit anything but deleting the image from the field
And of course, zero possibility to use more than one image as I cannot see the whole first one.

I really don't understand how this fix could help, maybe I missed or misunderstand something ?

If (what I tried before) I give image datas (size, type, etc), the text datatype is refused.

Any usable solution or should I continue my standard image fields and one image per field ?

Thx

jsetzer
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Post by jsetzer » 2021-07-28 07:23

It's up to you. If you need detailed image specification and structured storage, use image type as before and create multiple fields (not recommended) or a child-table.

If you don't need structured storage and want more than one image, Ahmed has given a tipp to us for using the (unstructured) Richtext Editor as image and text container.
If I just choose text datatype and rich(HTML) with no more info, ok, I can insert an image from clipboard or copy/paste image or use the "insert image" button.

Yes, if I remember right, that was the main subject of Ahmed's tipp.
Kind regards,
<js />

My AppGini Blog:
https://appgini.bizzworxx.de/blog

You can help us helping you:
Please always put code fragments inside [code]...[/code] blocks for better readability

AppGini 24.10 Revision 1579 + all AppGini Helper tools