403 Forbidden Error...

Please report bugs and any annoyances here. Kindly include all possible details: steps to reproduce, expected result, actual result, screenshots, ... etc.
sblasic
Veteran Member

403 Forbidden Error...

Post by sblasic » 2021-07-14 08:20

Hi,

Yesterday I have uploaded my AG application on the server - everything was working fine, no glitches whatsoever...

Today I wanted to add 2 more users (I have added/edited users yesterday with no prob) - but when I try to save a new user (click on the SAVE button),
the browser takes me on the page with the message:
Forbidden
You don't have permission to access this resource.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
After a made a few page-refreshing - I could finally add users.

But, the same error message has been starting to show while trying to the log-in (as an Admin or as a regular user)...

Is this is a temporarily server glitch or is this something with AppGini files?

peebee
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Re: 403 Forbidden Error...

Post by peebee » 2021-07-15 23:34

403 Forbidden error will most likely be the server security/firewall blocking you. Most likely a false-positive.

If your server has a firewall installed (like ModSecurity for example) you may need to check your IP address against the security log.

See if your IP has been blocked, check the security rule that it causing the block and then have that specific rule whitelisted.

Your hosting company should be able to assist in that regard.