Save as Copy freezing the server

Please report bugs and any annoyances here. Kindly include all possible details: steps to reproduce, expected result, actual result, screenshots, ... etc.
rpierce
Veteran Member

Save as Copy freezing the server

Post by rpierce » 2021-05-26 16:08

Hi everyone,

I'm thinking that my issue is with PHP settings or something, but I need your help if possible. I will give some system information first then my issue.

I am using AppGini 5.96 revision 1138. I was having the issue using PHP version 7.2 and I just upgraded to PHP 7.3.25 and the issue persists. CURL is enabled. If there is any other information that is needed to help please ask.

Background: I work in constructions and am building a daily progress reporting app for our projects.
The Issue:
I have a parent table [daily_rpt] that has 3 child tables, [manpower] [equipment] [subs]. Each of the child tables may contain several records related to the parent [daily_rpt]. To prevent the project managers from having to duplicate the data in the child records each day I want to use "Save As Copy". There are no Hooks functions in any of these tables. In most instances, when I click the "Save As Copy" the server freezes and eventually I get a "504 Gateway Timeout" error. I say in most instances because it occasionally works. The only way I can seem to continue is by restarting the PHP-FPM service.

I hope someone out there can point me in some direction to resolve this issue. Once that is solved, I have a great app for my company!

Thank you, Ray

rpierce
Veteran Member

Re: Save as Copy freezing the server

Post by rpierce » 2021-05-28 15:52

UPDATE:
I have gotten no replies so assume my problem is a stumper. I have been reading through posts to see if anyone has any sort of similar issue. I found this post viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4251&p=16961&hilit=query#p16961 which has information about database table engines being used. Based on that post I looked into my database and find that there are a mix of InnoDB and MyISIAM being used in my database. Would that cause issues??

rpierce
Veteran Member

Re: Save as Copy freezing the server

Post by rpierce » 2021-05-28 18:20

I think I have resolved the issue:

I've been using AppGini for some time and upgraded to the latest version (5.96) when I decided to modify my APP. I think the older version of AppGini created the database using the MyISIAM engine. Either AppGini created it using that engine or it was a default on my server, I'm not sure. At any rate, there were two types of engines being used in my database. The newer tables created using the latest version of AppGini are using the InnoDB engine. When I converted all tables to InnoDB the freezing of the server upon "Save As Copy" function seems to have been eliminated.

A good lesson in database management for me!!!

I hope this little experience is of help to others some day....

Ray