5.95 App setting being ignored.

Please report bugs and any annoyances here. Kindly include all possible details: steps to reproduce, expected result, actual result, screenshots, ... etc.
aarlauskas
Veteran Member

5.95 App setting being ignored.

Post by aarlauskas » 2021-05-09 21:29

5.95 app settings being ignored. I have the following disabled on some tables: Allow Filters, Allow saving data to CSV files, Allow print-view. All buttons are showing even when all boxes unticked in Appgini program. Created new table and all buttons seem to hide as it should, but soon as new record added/saved, all disabled buttons showing again. All works fine if I reverse back to version 5.84 I’m still unable to move forward with any of 5.9X version. Every time new 5.9X version becomes available I try and think the app just gets worse, absolute joke… Please don’t kill this amazing product!

ronwill
Veteran Member

Re: 5.95 App setting being ignored.

Post by ronwill » 2021-05-14 19:19

I too sometimes get a bit frustrated with the changes or lack of detailed help/explanation regarding them - seem to have to do a complete check on projects to find, make changes after doing updates!

For the issue you raised I think you are refering to disabling items like filters etc. As far as I am aware this all still works and applies - the update merely allows you when logged in as admin to still see the opions (buttons etc.) and be able to apply the options regardless of the project settings / choices made, but for users it will be as set in your project file.

In 5.95 when logged in as admin the following applies:
Super admin can always mass-delete, filter, save filters, sort, print, print DV, save as CSV regardless of table options set in AppGini (these still apply to other users, but no longer to super admin).
- This is from https://bigprof.com/appgini/release-log

Cheers,
Ron
Ron - Gloucestershire, UK: AppGini Pro V 23.15 Rev 1484 - LOVING IT!
Plugins: Mass Update + Search Page Maker + Summary Reports + Calendar + Messages
Bizzworxx: AppGiniHelper + Inline Detail View
Alejandro Landini: To-Do List + MPI + TV Field Editor
Other: Udemy Course