CSV import Not working v5.95

Please report bugs and any annoyances here. Kindly include all possible details: steps to reproduce, expected result, actual result, screenshots, ... etc.
mdannatt
Veteran Member

CSV import Not working v5.95

Post by mdannatt » 2021-05-04 10:53

When I try and upload via the new csv functionality for appgini +5.90, all i get after import-csv.php is a blank page. no error messages and nothing in Console. This happens both as admin and as user (with csv permissions set)

THe old csv upload utility still works. Has anyone got any ideas or ha the same problem?
Roses are red, Violets are blue, unexpected '}' on line 32

pbottcher
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Re: CSV import Not working v5.95

Post by pbottcher » 2021-05-05 06:38

Hi,

what you mean by
all i get after import-csv.php is a blank page
which steps of the upload work and where do you get stuck?

Can you check the type of your input csv? Is it UTF-8 without BOM? or has it a different type ? You may use Notepad++ to check that.
Any help offered comes with the best of intentions. Use it at your own risk. In any case, please make a backup of your existing environment before applying any changes.

mdannatt
Veteran Member

Post by mdannatt » 2021-05-05 14:00

HI

THanks for reply. The reason my query was vague is that there is not much to say. If I click on the "IMport CSV Data" button top left as super admin, or as a user, the webpage just goes blank. the adress bar shows /import-csv.php but thats where it ends. View Page Source returns a blank as well. The old CSV upload utility located under admin utilities still works fine. As for CSV, it doesnt even let me select the file.

pbottcher
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Post by pbottcher » 2021-05-05 21:35

Hi,

ok, that sounds strange. Do you have any additional code (header-extras.php, etc. ), or is it a plain application?

Can you recreate the app and check if it still happens?
Any help offered comes with the best of intentions. Use it at your own risk. In any case, please make a backup of your existing environment before applying any changes.

mdannatt
Veteran Member

Post by mdannatt » 2021-05-06 14:27

I emptied my header-extras file but nothing has changed. if i run import-csv.php i get this output:

<b>Fatal error</b>: Uncaught Error: Class 'CSVImportUI' not found in [...][...]:622
Stack trace:
#0 {main}
thrown in <b>[...][...]</b> on line <b>622</b><br />

which references:
$ui = new CSVImportUI($transformFunctions, $filterFunctions);

This is a fresh install.