Wrong column sum if user has no All permisisons

Please report bugs and any annoyances here. Kindly include all possible details: steps to reproduce, expected result, actual result, screenshots, ... etc.
aarlauskas
Veteran Member

Wrong column sum if user has no All permisisons

Post by aarlauskas » 2021-03-21 21:54

I have a column with ‘Show column sum’ ticked to display the totals in TV. The totals show correct amount in TV, but if I select some records out of many listed in TV and click Print Preview button to only see the selected and print, the column sum then displays wrong figure. Let’s say I select 3 records from the list, each record has an amount of 15, 15 & 20. The column sum should display 50.00, but I get 750.00… No idea where these numbers even come from.
Now, this only happens if the user has table permissions set to Owner/ Owner/ Owner. If I do this as Admin or set user table permission as All/ All/ All then all works as it should.
I’m working on Expenses app (with Pascals and Jans help Thanks!) and I don’t really want to end up creating separate table for each user just because I need to give them full permissions.
Thanks
wrong_sum.JPG
wrong_sum.JPG (28.37 KiB) Viewed 1514 times

SkayyHH
Veteran Member

Re: Wrong column sum if user has no All permisisons

Post by SkayyHH » 2021-03-22 21:51

Hi,

I can confirm the bug. Are you reporting to Ahmed?

Also need a quick fix.

Greetings, Kai

aarlauskas
Veteran Member

Post by aarlauskas » 2021-03-23 06:12

Hi, no I did not, hope he reads the bug section :D Let me know if you have an update.

a.gneady
Site Admin

Post by a.gneady » 2021-03-23 11:34

Thanks for reporting this bug. I'll inspect it and try to make a fix in the next release.
:idea: AppGini plugins to add more power to your apps:
  • DataTalk is an innovative AppGini plugin based on ChatGPT that allows you to interact with your AppGini database using natural language questions, without writing any SQL. Check the demo video
  • Mass Update plugin: Update multiple records at once and improve your workflow efficiency.
  • Check our other plugins and get a generous discount of up to 30% when buying 2 or more plugins.

SkayyHH
Veteran Member

Post by SkayyHH » 2021-03-23 11:56

Thank you very much!

Many greetings, Kai