Database Management

Please report bugs and any annoyances here. Kindly include all possible details: steps to reproduce, expected result, actual result, screenshots, ... etc.
rpierce
Veteran Member

Database Management

Post by rpierce » 2020-12-31 19:04

Hello all,

I am trying to figure out an issue between what is showing on my app and what is showing in the phpMyAdmin database manager.

I have added several fields to my app since it's first creation and release. There were already existing records when I added new fields. Some of the newly added fields have the "Required" property checked so that they cannot be saved if empty. The trouble this presents is that if any of the older records is edited the user cannot save unless they first go to all the newly added fields and enter data there. Big hassle for the user.

To alleviate this issue for users I am trying to update the newly added fields in the phpMyAdmin manager and am experiencing some problems. In any newly added field that is a "Multiple Choice List Box" or a "Radio Button" my queries are returning 0 records affected when I try to update newly added fields that are empty. Please see the screen shots included:
object1.JPG
object1.JPG (13.53 KiB) Viewed 808 times
MySQL1.JPG
MySQL1.JPG (17.42 KiB) Viewed 808 times
MySQL2.JPG
MySQL2.JPG (18.85 KiB) Viewed 808 times

You can see that the "Object" field pictured above is empty, yet the queries return Zero records??

Is there some sort of character stored in the "Multiple Choice List Box" or "Radio Button" fields that would tell phpMyAdmin that the fields aren't actually empty or null??

Please help me of you can..

Ray

pbottcher
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Re: Database Management

Post by pbottcher » 2020-12-31 21:22

Hi,

why don't you just grab the record for that entry and see what is stored in the db?

SELECT object from firstaid where YOURPK = RECORDID
Any help offered comes with the best of intentions. Use it at your own risk. In any case, please make a backup of your existing environment before applying any changes.