5.92 (and previous), annoyance: Stealing focus

Please report bugs and any annoyances here. Kindly include all possible details: steps to reproduce, expected result, actual result, screenshots, ... etc.
onoehring
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

5.92 (and previous), annoyance: Stealing focus

Post by onoehring » 2020-12-09 13:45

Hi,

for me an annoyance is, that AG is stealing the window focus. Let's say I am starting to generate an application, and instead of waiting, I want to switch to a different windows software. Suddenly I am back in AG again.
There are several occurences (one other is for example when you are starting AG and/or loading a project).
I hate when an application (in this case AG) steals the focus and returns me to that it's own.

Olaf

jsetzer
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Re: 5.92 (and previous), annoyance: Stealing focus

Post by jsetzer » 2020-12-09 14:10

+1 from me.

I have noticed that this annoying activation/focus behaviour does not always happen. But as soon as it has happened once, it will keep focusing the progress-form. After closing AppGini and reopening it works fine for a while.

Especially when having dozens of tables generations takes its time and we are damned to wait for the end due to that focus behaviour.

It would be awesome to have a "silent" / "hidden" code generation NOT activating the progress/log window. Perhaps a checkbox "keep open" at the bottom if the form?
Kind regards,
<js />

My AppGini Blog:
https://appgini.bizzworxx.de/blog

You can help us helping you:
Please always put code fragments inside [code]...[/code] blocks for better readability

AppGini 24.10 Revision 1579 + all AppGini Helper tools

a.gneady
Site Admin

Post by a.gneady » 2020-12-11 19:24

To make sure I understand what you are referring to, do you mean that AppGini "steals" the focus while generating the app and the log window is displayed? I'll check this and try to perhaps implement a 'silent' mode.
:idea: AppGini plugins to add more power to your apps:
  • DataTalk is an innovative AppGini plugin based on ChatGPT that allows you to interact with your AppGini database using natural language questions, without writing any SQL. Check the demo video
  • Mass Update plugin: Update multiple records at once and improve your workflow efficiency.
  • Check our other plugins and get a generous discount of up to 30% when buying 2 or more plugins.

jsetzer
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Post by jsetzer » 2020-12-11 20:42

Yes, while generating, AppGini activates the protocol window again and again every n milliseconds. This continuously steals focus from other windows (eg Browser) and sends them to back (z-index) and focuses protocol window.
Kind regards,
<js />

My AppGini Blog:
https://appgini.bizzworxx.de/blog

You can help us helping you:
Please always put code fragments inside [code]...[/code] blocks for better readability

AppGini 24.10 Revision 1579 + all AppGini Helper tools