5.92 and previous: setting permission -> more visible please

Please report bugs and any annoyances here. Kindly include all possible details: steps to reproduce, expected result, actual result, screenshots, ... etc.
onoehring
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

5.92 and previous: setting permission -> more visible please

Post by onoehring » 2020-11-13 16:32

Hi,

I almost always have to recheck if I am in the correct column when setting permissions.
Yes, there is a mouse over help but you need to read all of it to find the important word.

Suggestion: Prefix the descriptive help with the database relevant operation like this:
VIEW: This option allows each member of the group to VIEW all records in the '....' table.
I suppose this would make it easier and faster (not only for me) to set the correct permissions.

Right now, it looks like this:
perm.png
perm.png (11.06 KiB) Viewed 867 times
Thanks already
Olaf

a.gneady
Site Admin

Re: 5.92 and previous: setting permission -> more visible please

Post by a.gneady » 2020-11-14 18:30

Thanks a lot for your suggestion. I'll consider it for implementation in future versions.
:idea: AppGini plugins to add more power to your apps:
  • DataTalk is an innovative AppGini plugin based on ChatGPT that allows you to interact with your AppGini database using natural language questions, without writing any SQL. Check the demo video
  • Mass Update plugin: Update multiple records at once and improve your workflow efficiency.
  • Check our other plugins and get a generous discount of up to 30% when buying 2 or more plugins.