5.91 update, multiple super admins doesn't work

Please report bugs and any annoyances here. Kindly include all possible details: steps to reproduce, expected result, actual result, screenshots, ... etc.
pfrumkin
Veteran Member

5.91 update, multiple super admins doesn't work

Post by pfrumkin » 2020-11-04 23:48

Since 5.91 update, the trick to allow multiple super admins doesn't work (for me).

First, I had done what's detailed in the blog https://bigprof.com/blog/appgini/custom ... dmin-area/, and that worked fine since I did it (months). Now when I try to replace the function, it doesn't work. I have found that the problem happens in replace-appgini-functions.php, the last line

Code: Select all

$new_code = str_replace(trim($snippet), trim($new_snippet), $entire_code);
fails because $snippet "picks up" some extra characters so it is not found in $entire_code, so no replacement.

OK, I can manually replace the function. But even after doing that, my multiple admin does not get the Admin Area button. The original super admin account does still get the button.

Any ideas?

AppGIni 5.91

onoehring
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Re: 5.91 update, multiple super admins doesn't work

Post by onoehring » 2020-11-05 04:15

Hi,

looks strange to me. The replace is just a replace.
The link to the blog shows some regular expression is used to match certain characteristics which I would think is needed.

Do your loginnames contain some special characters?

Olaf

pfrumkin
Veteran Member

Re: 5.91 update, multiple super admins doesn't work

Post by pfrumkin » 2020-11-06 18:17

Yeah totally a replace is just a replace. The login doesn't contain any special chars. All still works with 5.84.

I have an old Win 7 32-bit dev system. This has caused problems before (with PHP or MySQL) so I am working on moving to my Win 10 laptop.

Thanks!

~Paul