Appgini 5.9 Filter issue

Please report bugs and any annoyances here. Kindly include all possible details: steps to reproduce, expected result, actual result, screenshots, ... etc.
charmed_ones
Veteran Member

Appgini 5.9 Filter issue

Post by charmed_ones » 2020-10-28 09:45

Regenerated my project with 5.9 and uploaded it to the server
Using the filters as ADMIN work without issue, using the filters as a normal user I get an MYSQL error

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ') order by 26 desc LIMIT 0, 20' at line 1

Anyone know why the filters will work for admin but not the users?

Alisson
Veteran Member

Re: Appgini 5.9 Filter issue

Post by Alisson » 2020-11-04 01:13

Same problem here, any filter that I try to create does not work. when logged as a regular user.

nrobert

Post by nrobert » 2020-11-07 18:22

Similar problem here,,,
If I select default filter from the homepage, ie. (this years orders) the results produce as should do, however if I then try to use "quick search" within the results I receive an SQL error as below.

If I select the main "invoice" button with no filter "quick search" works as should be.

Default filters are stored in /Hooks/invoice_filter.php.

I also have the SPM pluggin and have major issues with this, the whole point about a database is that you should be able to manipulate the "data" in any way you please by saving and picking the filters required as in , ALL SAVED: Queries, Search, and Sorting orders. however as much I try I can only seem to be able to store 1 single search/filter criterior at a time, If i want to search this years orders thats fine, but if I then want to search for the orders within a certain town within this years orders then this cannot be done without going through the whole process of creating a full new search, if I then want a different Town I have to complete the whole process again........ why cant I just save the searches I use regularly onto a single search page and then just pick from a list of "Saved Searches" ???????

I am no expert at SQL, PHP or html language and find great difficulty in writing the programming requirements in all the different "hooks" files to complete what I would terms as a "simple search" that any user can click on to find the results required as in the Approach database filters pic.

If anyone can help with my dilemma it would be much appreciated.
Attachments
Approach database Filters_search options.PNG
Approach database Filters_search options.PNG (23.93 KiB) Viewed 1651 times
quick search error.PNG
quick search error.PNG (91.12 KiB) Viewed 1651 times

nrobert

Post by nrobert » 2020-11-07 18:38

Something went wrong with that post but these are the other 2 attachments that should have been included.
Attachments
quick search no default filter.PNG
without any default filter quick search "Lytham"
quick search no default filter.PNG (171.32 KiB) Viewed 1650 times
Current default filters in invoice_filter.php.PNG
hooks/invoice_filter.php
Current default filters in invoice_filter.php.PNG (115.19 KiB) Viewed 1650 times

kerelov
Veteran Member

Post by kerelov » 2020-11-09 08:16

Same problem here, default filters only work with admin users. Problem is still unsolved in version 5.91