Upgrade to AppGini 5.9

Please report bugs and any annoyances here. Kindly include all possible details: steps to reproduce, expected result, actual result, screenshots, ... etc.
cmalimoglou

Upgrade to AppGini 5.9

Post by cmalimoglou » 2020-10-27 17:44

Dear all,
I follow and use this forum for the last 8 months and nowadays I am a registered member of it.
First of all I would like to congratulate you, for the important work you are doing in this forum, promoting knowledge sharing and providing significant support to your colleagues.

Unfortunately my first post will be about a problem I faced after the upgrade to version 5.9
By "generating" an existing project many of my Detail Screens looks like a mess as you can see one of them at the attached files (tested in Chrome & Firefox).
By downgrading to the previous version and "generating" the project again all detail screens behave normal.

Please advise me for the proper actions in order to solve the problem.

Kind Regards,
Harris

P.S. I understand that screens language will be Greeks for you....but I am a user from Athens-Greece and the used language is the Greek!
Attachments
mess_screen.jpg
mess_screen.jpg (39.23 KiB) Viewed 2092 times
Normal_screen.jpg
Normal_screen.jpg (53.94 KiB) Viewed 2092 times

SkayyHH
Veteran Member

Re: Upgrade to AppGini 5.9

Post by SkayyHH » 2020-10-27 20:16

hello i'm from germany and therefore i have a different language too. Most of it works fine for me. Did you see that you need to download a current language file? The admin translation is in there now. Maybe it's that?

And have you tried to clear the browser cache?

Regards, Kai

dge

Post by dge » 2020-10-28 00:51

Yes we have the same issue, with some fields collapsed in detail view and pushed far left. But it's not happening on every table, don't know why it's happening on some tables but not others....

cmalimoglou

Post by cmalimoglou » 2020-10-29 20:45

SkayyHH wrote:
2020-10-27 20:16
hello i'm from germany and therefore i have a different language too. Most of it works fine for me. Did you see that you need to download a current language file? The admin translation is in there now. Maybe it's that?

And have you tried to clear the browser cache?

Regards, Kai
Kai thanks for your replay,

I tried it also with the Greek language file but I had the same result and I clear the cache every time I have a new version.

Regards,
Harris

cmalimoglou

Post by cmalimoglou » 2020-10-29 20:54

dge wrote:
2020-10-28 00:51
Yes we have the same issue, with some fields collapsed in detail view and pushed far left. But it's not happening on every table, don't know why it's happening on some tables but not others....
That's right also for me,
I face this issue only on some of my tables.

I tried also to delete four of the messed fields->saved the project->generated the project and then back added the fields->saved the project->generated but: For the 3 out of 4 fields I deleted the situation remained the same. For the last one the position of the label and the text filed returned to normal!

Regards,
Harris

dge

Post by dge » 2020-10-30 00:39

Turns out there is a fairly painless workaround for this. I submitted this as a bug report and got the following reply:

"We're aware of this issue and will make a bugfix release in a couple of days. For now, please open your project in AppGini and for each of the concerned fields, please uncheck the option 'Column width' then regenerate your app. This should fix the layout". I can confirm it worked.

I also suggested they post this answer in the forum here, which they agreed to. But since it's not here yet, I'm posting the answer so you'll have it!

David

ronwill
Veteran Member

Post by ronwill » 2020-11-04 22:37

Seems above issue has been resolved with AppGini 5.91 Revision 1122:

I've not seen any notices on the forum yet but found this on Google:

https://www.softpedia.com/progChangelog ... -2652.html

What's new in AppGini 5.91 Revision 1122
November 1, 2020
Usability enhancement: In detail view pages where both 'Save changes' and 'Save as copy' are enabled, add a lock button to 'Save changes' that allows user to disable 'Save changes' button to avoid clicking it by mistake when they actually mean 'Save as copy'.
Performance improvement: combine all calculated field ajax calls of TV and child tables into a single call rather than one call per record.
Display a link to keyboard shortcuts reference page in the keyboard reference modal.
Fix DV layout bug for fields that have the option 'Column width' checked (introduced after adding .tablename-fieldname CSS class to DV inputs).
Fix guest navigation and signup issue.
Fix bug in admin/pageEditMember.php that prevents saving changes.
Fix bug where __global.php hook functions were not executed properly.
Fix disappearing .warning class issue in TV rows when added programatically.
pageBackupRestore.php: Show mysqldump command on error (redacting db password)
CSV preview page: prevent new lines in field separator and wrapper.

Don't know why not on forum yet?
Cheers,
Ron
Ron - Gloucestershire, UK: AppGini Pro V 23.15 Rev 1484 - LOVING IT!
Plugins: Mass Update + Search Page Maker + Summary Reports + Calendar + Messages
Bizzworxx: AppGiniHelper + Inline Detail View
Alejandro Landini: To-Do List + MPI + TV Field Editor
Other: Udemy Course