Appgini runs very slowly especially if I log in with an administrator account.

Please report bugs and any annoyances here. Kindly include all possible details: steps to reproduce, expected result, actual result, screenshots, ... etc.
fgazza
Veteran Member

Appgini runs very slowly especially if I log in with an administrator account.

Post by fgazza » 2020-04-30 10:10

Hello everyone!
Unfortunately my web-app created with appgini runs too slowly and makes it difficult to use.
This especially happens if I enter the portal with the administrator credentials:
the loading of the lookup fields is very slow (the list takes a long time to appear). When I try to change owner to a record I have to wait a few minutes before seeing the list of options.

Even when opening tables or changing from "table view" to "detail view" I have to wait a long time.

Using the portal on the "user" side, things are better, but I am worried about the hypothesis that in the future, for users with many records, there will be serious slowdowns.

I would like to ask an expert opinion to find out if there is a solution or I have to resign myself to wasting a lot of time when I work on the portal or worse to offer users a little functional tool.

I think it is useful to explain that in my portal there are more or less 30 tables, 20 groups and about 350 users.

I made customizations in the header and footer of the hooks folder and some tables have customizations in the hooks folder both in the corresponding php file (hooks \ tablename.php) and in an added file in js format.
For example I inserted in the footer_extra file in the hooks folder a code to fix the header of the table and scroll it with a scroll bar (I inserted the code published in this post: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2673 )

In my file hooks I have many pieces of code that I no longer use but that I don't want to delete, "closed" between comments.

I also have a single table view that allows me to show differently the data of a table (and its view) for different users.

I attach some screenshots of the google chrome error console to this post.

On the phpyadmin side I have never done any operations or "maintenance" of the database and I don't know if something needs to be done on the phpmyadmin side.

I have no idea if all this can affect the service provided by my provider (hostgator) and if it can be useful to contact him: can the provider make processing faster?

I hope to get help from expert people who can tell me which factors, among those listed or others, can make the use of the site slower or faster.

THANKS!

Fabiano.

Errors for non logged users:
error_for_non-logged_users.png
error_for_non-logged_users.png (11.64 KiB) Viewed 3008 times
Errors for logged as admin:
error_for_logged_admin.png
error_for_logged_admin.png (49.91 KiB) Viewed 3008 times
erroe_for_loged_admin_2.png
erroe_for_loged_admin_2.png (62.84 KiB) Viewed 3008 times

jsetzer
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Re: Appgini runs very slowly especially if I log in with an administrator account.

Post by jsetzer » 2020-04-30 13:50

Suggestions for narrowing down the problem:
  1. Open Network tab of your browser's development tools (F12), reload the page and watch for slow responses
  2. Temporarily remove customizations by renaming your hook-files (for example rename TABLENAME-dv.js into _TABLENAME-dv.js)
  3. Temporarily remove all script- and css-includes in header-extras.php and footer-extras.php
  4. Disable all browser extensions
  5. generate your app into a new folder, upload without any additional hooks and check performance
  6. check if there is any file saved as utf8 with BOM and save it as utf8 (without BOM)
Kind regards,
<js />

My AppGini Blog:
https://appgini.bizzworxx.de/blog

You can help us helping you:
Please always put code fragments inside [code]...[/code] blocks for better readability

AppGini 24.10 Revision 1579 + all AppGini Helper tools

fgazza
Veteran Member

Re: Appgini runs very slowly especially if I log in with an administrator account.

Post by fgazza » 2020-04-30 16:04

Thank You so Much Jan.
I.check all your list.
I have a specific question:
how can I find and recognize an utf8 with BOM file?
Thanks!

jsetzer
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Post by jsetzer » 2020-04-30 16:16

Hi,

a couple of days ago I was facing very strange problems with an uploaded application. All of a sudden my scripts did not work. And after narrowing down I have found the reason. It was BOM characters in my language.php file. Somehow my editor has saved changes as utf8 with BOM accidentally.

Then I have put together a small PHP script listing all files potentially having BOM marks.

chrome_MgbmOAtJ4M.png
chrome_MgbmOAtJ4M.png (39.77 KiB) Viewed 2979 times

I'm going to send the script to you. You can upload it to your server and just open it in your browser.

There may be .php files and also .js files. Just care for the .php files. Open them in one-by-one in your editor, check for BOM and save them one-by-one as utf8 (without BOM).

Hope this helps,
Jan
Kind regards,
<js />

My AppGini Blog:

Please always put code fragments inside [code]...[/code] blocks for better readability

fgazza
Veteran Member

Post by fgazza » 2020-04-30 19:16

Hi!
I run the script!
This is the result:

Find files starting with UTF8-BOM mark
Directory
governance
The following files have been detected
giugno2019 csv
modificato_cv csv
Calendario csv
fino_a_maggio2019 csv
datepicker js lang ua js
datepicker js lang ru js

i remove dot and slash pasting the files

As you can see the files are only csv or js

is there anything to worry about?

THANKS!

Fabiano

jsetzer
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Post by jsetzer » 2020-04-30 19:31

No, I don't think so. That seems ok.
Kind regards,
<js />

My AppGini Blog:

fgazza
Veteran Member

Post by fgazza » 2020-04-30 19:59

Ok! Thank you! I will check the rest of your list.

fgazza
Veteran Member

Post by fgazza » 2020-05-02 11:13

at the moment I renamed footer_extra and header_extra without replacing them but the site is always very slow.

Deactivated chrome extensions also failed

I did some testing with the google chrome network console and these are the results:

Loadind lookup field list:

https://#############.org/############/ajax_combo.php?s=&p=1&t=partecipazione_riunione_evento_partner&f=riunione_evento TIME: 21,43 S

https://#############.org/############/tablename_autofill.php?rnd1=&mfk=riunione_evento&id=194 TIME: 20,12 S

https://#############.org/############/ajax_check_login.php TIME: 7,44 S

Loading a page of a table:

https://#############.org/###########/tablename_view.php?t=1588416511 TIME: 24,11 S

I don't know if this data can say anything

thanks to who can help me

Fabiano

David Soul
Veteran Member

Post by David Soul » 2020-05-30 06:22

Hi Jan, I have a very strange problem with log in with master admin. - it will fail with only custom header shown; all other users (admin, Full insert/edit privilege, read only on all tables) show the header and tables. The only way to resolve has been to reload database (of course thus losing data entered in interim). The problem sometimes occurs after I add or edit records and then sign out . Sometimes if I just log in to see If it works The problem exhibits itself whether I’ve done data entry since thE database restore or not!

Could you send the php script you refer to here so I can see if it helps me “find a thread” to pull in my search.

Kind regards,
David Soul
jsetzer wrote:
2020-04-30 16:16
Hi,

a couple of days ago I was facing very strange problems with an uploaded application. All of a sudden my scripts did not work. And after narrowing down I have found the reason. It was BOM characters in my language.php file. Somehow my editor has saved changes as utf8 with BOM accidentally.

Then I have put together a small PHP script listing all files potentially having BOM marks.

chrome_MgbmOAtJ4M.png

I'm going to send the script to you. You can upload it to your server and just open it in your browser.

There may be .php files and also .js files. Just care for the .php files. Open them in one-by-one in your editor, check for BOM and save them one-by-one as utf8 (without BOM).

Hope this helps,
Jan
Attachments
6DD52D23-908B-49DB-A3D4-26F14B2FEECA.png
6DD52D23-908B-49DB-A3D4-26F14B2FEECA.png (216.81 KiB) Viewed 2759 times
23B70584-E63B-492E-8EF5-FB8F5DA2F63B.png
23B70584-E63B-492E-8EF5-FB8F5DA2F63B.png (106.78 KiB) Viewed 2759 times
David HC Soul

Core::AppGini 5.93
Plugins: Search Page Maker + Summary Reports + Mass update plugin
Bizzworxx: AppGini Helper JavaScript Library + AppGini Helper Detail View Plug-in + AppGini Helper pack
Utilities: Global Search utility