Entry processes

Please report bugs and any annoyances here. Kindly include all possible details: steps to reproduce, expected result, actual result, screenshots, ... etc.
petrescucld

Entry processes

Post by petrescucld » 2019-12-16 06:58

Hi,

In the morning when all users authenticate in an Appgini app the hosting provider says that the entry processes rises to 30 entry processes/s and something about ajax and java.

Any idea to what might be causing this?

I added the calendar from another example software and the rows have colors based on certain fields.

Thanks!

onoehring
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Re: Entry processes

Post by onoehring » 2019-12-18 08:41

Hi petrescucld

it would probably be helpful, if you let us know what "all users" means? 5, 10, 100?

If the hosting provider is not your system admin herself/himself it makes no sense, as ajax is Javascript which is used on the client side. Often this requests something from the server - but at the login this is not the case. ajax comes into play when users access your pages. Nevertheless - it's a smaller load on the server that it would be loading the complete page instead of using ajax.
Also java makes no sense. AG does not use java but javascript (see previous paragraph for it's use in AG).

A calendar should definitely not be the problem.
Colors are probably set by javascript in the browser of your users, so that the server has absolutely nothing to do with this (maybe see my solution here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3194&p=10855&hilit=color#p10855 ).
If the calendar has some entries - well so be it. In a custom page I am using I have created a single SQL as recordsource which is 213 lines long and has about 10,000 characters. Even this causes no strain on the server, pages are created in less than .5 seconds.

For reasons above at this time I can not see why the server should be slowing down.... so, how many users are "all"?

Olaf

petrescucld

Post by petrescucld » 2019-12-19 21:52

10 users.

onoehring
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Post by onoehring » 2019-12-20 06:59

Hi,

10 users at one time should not be a problem for any server.
Are you doing some other (non AG) thing? Custom pages?

Olaf