5.76 Dependend / Cascading lookup in detail UPDATE not working properly

Please report bugs and any annoyances here. Kindly include all possible details: steps to reproduce, expected result, actual result, screenshots, ... etc.
onoehring
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

5.76 Dependend / Cascading lookup in detail UPDATE not working properly

Post by onoehring » 2019-07-30 09:23

Hi,

let me show you first my two different lookups / dropdown fields. The "Bereich" is dependend on the "Lagerort (Kurz)":

Now, the error occurs, when I edit the record and switch in the parent dropdown to another value. When the child-dropdown contains a value at this time, that does not correspond with the new parent value, there is no error, but the new value in master is saved with the wrong child value to the record.

I think there should be a check, or the second field being reset when the parent-field is being changed. At this time, the child value list is not being refreshed correctly. It does however show the correct list (corresponding with the new master) when you open the dropdown/lookup.
Suggested solution
As it is possible to have a child with the same name (visible), but different ID (hidden and saved with the record), I suggest, that, once a parent lookup is changed, the child lookup is reset to NULL, so the users needs to choose a new child.

Olaf