Bug in Search Page Maker: Simple vs. Advanced problem

Please report bugs and any annoyances here. Kindly include all possible details: steps to reproduce, expected result, actual result, screenshots, ... etc.
onoehring
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Bug in Search Page Maker: Simple vs. Advanced problem

Post by onoehring » 2019-06-17 11:17

Hi,

I created a search page in SPM.
I went to the advanced search page and created a filter. This works, the data is being filtered by Ort*Reihe.
Then I wanted to change the filter. I click on filter -> simple Search Page .. wrong column is shown: Container.
Please see attached animated gif for demonstration.

Olaf

a.gneady
Site Admin

Re: Bug in Search Page Maker: Simple vs. Advanced problem

Post by a.gneady » 2019-06-22 15:05

Hmm .. is it possible to send me the AXP project file to check this please? I need the one stored inside plugins/projects rather than the one you opened in AppGini because the first one would contain the plugin configuration that I want to check. Please sen it to me via the support form at https://bigprof.com/appgini/support-request
:idea: AppGini plugins to add more power to your apps:
  • DataTalk is an innovative AppGini plugin based on ChatGPT that allows you to interact with your AppGini database using natural language questions, without writing any SQL. Check the demo video
  • Mass Update plugin: Update multiple records at once and improve your workflow efficiency.
  • Check our other plugins and get a generous discount of up to 30% when buying 2 or more plugins.

ronwill
Veteran Member

Post by ronwill » 2019-06-23 13:31

I was having similar issues, and some odd behaviour problems.
My problems seemed to exist because I had uploaded 2 different project files (in error), I deleted them from the /plugins/projects and uploaded the latest project file for the applicable database and all works perfectly fine again. Do you also have more than 1 project file under your */*/plugins/projects (versions of same project: i.e. earlier/most recent, or also have one from a different project)?
If not then we obviously encountered a different issue!

@Ahmed, I recently signed up for the online course and got all the available AppGini Plugins - keep them coming, I'm really enjoying the experience and an avid user of AppGini albeit for just some smaller projects for friends/local business.
Ron - Gloucestershire, UK: AppGini Pro V 23.15 Rev 1484 - LOVING IT!
Plugins: Mass Update + Search Page Maker + Summary Reports + Calendar + Messages
Bizzworxx: AppGiniHelper + Inline Detail View
Alejandro Landini: To-Do List + MPI + TV Field Editor
Other: Udemy Course

onoehring
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Post by onoehring » 2019-06-24 07:57

Hi,

no, problem resists.
I removes all axp files in /plugins/projects. Then I started the SPM again, uploaded the latest axp and tested like before. No success.
I filter -> custom filter -> advanced filter, choose the 2nd field (a drop down) and set equal to something.
I apply the filter
works as expected.
I return to the filter page (which is custom filters), the "something" I entered is shown as criteria in the first (text) field.

This behavior is the one I demonstrated in the little screencast.

Olaf

a.gneady
Site Admin

Post by a.gneady » 2019-06-24 13:05

I got your AXP, Olaf and will investigate the issue and fix it in the next release of SPM.
If you can find the time and like to, feel free to contact me. I'd be
happy to have another phone call. I'm just curious about current status
of development and road map.
So glad to learn that, Ron :D
:idea: AppGini plugins to add more power to your apps:
  • DataTalk is an innovative AppGini plugin based on ChatGPT that allows you to interact with your AppGini database using natural language questions, without writing any SQL. Check the demo video
  • Mass Update plugin: Update multiple records at once and improve your workflow efficiency.
  • Check our other plugins and get a generous discount of up to 30% when buying 2 or more plugins.

onoehring
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Post by onoehring » 2019-06-30 10:06

Hi Ahmed,

I thought it might be the same problem as described here ( viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1369&p=10407#p10406 ) where my fields in AG were not in the same order as in the database.
Unfortunately making both the same order does not solve the problem.

Olaf