Upper and lower case lettering

Please report bugs and any annoyances here. Kindly include all possible details: steps to reproduce, expected result, actual result, screenshots, ... etc.
kbarrett
Veteran Member

Upper and lower case lettering

Post by kbarrett » 2019-03-29 23:59

Hello,

I titled my tables and fields with upper case lettering and lower case lettering, e.g. Employees for the table and Employee_Position for the fields. I noticed when I had AppGini (initially 5.74) create everything in XAMPP (latest version) it created lower case table names, e.g. employees but kept the fields as is (Employee_Position). Everythign worked fine testing and working with it on the Windows box.

I have been working locally on my windows machine and wanted to migrate the app over to my home Linux server. When I set everything up (according to the instructions on the AppGini site) an empty database was created and all of the table names were Uppercase first letter, Employees, etc. When I restored the backup, identical table names were created with lower case first letters. e.g employees. Now I have duplicates of everything except for all of the hidden members tables. Unfortunately the app only sees the tables starting with the uppercase and they are all empty. Having tried deleting the empty tables, renaming them etc, they come back everytime I open the app in a browser window. What did I do wrong other than use uppercase lettering?

pbottcher
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Re: Upper and lower case lettering

Post by pbottcher » 2019-03-30 10:04

Hi,

can you add/change to/in the mysql/my.cnf (or my.ini)

lower_case_table_names = 2

and restart mysql
Any help offered comes with the best of intentions. Use it at your own risk. In any case, please make a backup of your existing environment before applying any changes.

kbarrett
Veteran Member

Post by kbarrett » 2019-04-02 17:58

Hi,

Thanks for that. I am likely going to drop the table, reload everything after I make that change on the home server.

Kevin

kbarrett
Veteran Member

Post by kbarrett » 2019-04-05 21:28

Yeah, it's a no go on the home server. Currently using linux Mint but will be switching it later on. It would still be nice to be able to rename tables in the AppGini application. The only choice it seems is to delete the table and start over from scratch which is certainly counter productive.

kbarrett
Veteran Member

Post by kbarrett » 2019-04-05 21:48

I found a work around in case any other newbie males the same mistake. Simply insert a letter beside the upper case letter, e.g. Tablename becomes Ttablename then click outside the corrected field. Once the highlight has disappeared, re-highlight (click twice) then delete the upper case character, e.g. Ttablename now becomes tablename. It worked. Appgini even adjusts all the table 1 to m or m to m relationships accordingly. I saved and overwrote my work to test. The only thing is the Tablename-dv.js files have to be renamed.