Visualize and Add Icons not always displayed when viewed in a tab

Please report bugs and any annoyances here. Kindly include all possible details: steps to reproduce, expected result, actual result, screenshots, ... etc.
rprevost

Visualize and Add Icons not always displayed when viewed in a tab

Post by rprevost » 2019-01-12 21:21

Hello to all of you. I wish you all a happy new year.
I noticed an annoyance while browsing the application I am working with:
Lookup fields (showing a dropdown list from another table) do not always show the accompanied visualize and add icons when they are displayed in a tab. This behaviour is not present if the lookup field is displayed as ususal (not a part of a tab).

The thing is that sometimes a given lookup field in a tab is displaying the icons correctly and a few moments later the icons are not displayed. This is very annoying since the "Eye icon" is very usefull in order to get some details about the lookup field.

I tried to refresh the browser (F5), but it did not work. Since I need this functionality badly, I persisted in finding a solution and I did :

If the "Eye and Plus" icons do not display in the tab, all you have to do is grab the right side of the window browser and move it a little. By magic, the icons will reappear properly.

I hope this will help other. Also, it might give enough information to Mr. Geany so he can have a look at this.
Regards,

a.gneady
Site Admin

Re: Visualize and Add Icons not always displayed when viewed in a tab

Post by a.gneady » 2019-01-24 14:45

all you have to do is grab the right side of the window browser and move it a little
Hmm ... that sounds like a window resize event needs to be triggered after placing the fields in a tab ... you could add this code after moving fields to tabs:

Code: Select all

$j(window).resize();
If it doesn't work, try introducing a small delay like that:

Code: Select all

setTimeout(function() { $j(window).resize(); }, 1000)
:idea: Learn all the tips and tricks of customizing AppGini apps through our online course.

:arrow: Summary Reports plugin enables you to build powerful reports and charts inside your AppGini application through a few simple steps. See the big picture and discover trends in your data that empower you to take the right decisions confidently.

:arrow: Search Page Maker enables you to build user-friendly yet powerful search pages for your AppGini application by simply dragging and dropping the fields you want to include in search.