SPM simple view not preset with last filter

Please report bugs and any annoyances here. Kindly include all possible details: steps to reproduce, expected result, actual result, screenshots, ... etc.
SSchimkat
Veteran Member

SPM simple view not preset with last filter

Post by SSchimkat » 2018-12-04 12:11

Hi guys

When using the SPM plug-in, I get some annoying behaviour. The problem is that when I revisit the filter page, after successfully having created a filter - the page does not display the filter. When I switch to advanced mode, I can see the the filter is present - and when applying the filter, the filter is still in effect .. but just not showing on the simple filter page. What could be the problem here?

Simple view:

Advanced view:

a.gneady
Site Admin

Re: SPM simple view not preset with last filter

Post by a.gneady » 2018-12-05 13:02

Please send me the AXP project file to inspect this issue. I need the one uploaded to plugins/projects folder, not the original one you used in AppGini. Please send it using the support form at https://bigprof.com/appgini/support-request
:idea: AppGini plugins to add more power to your apps:
  • DataTalk is an innovative AppGini plugin based on ChatGPT that allows you to interact with your AppGini database using natural language questions, without writing any SQL. Check the demo video
  • Mass Update plugin: Update multiple records at once and improve your workflow efficiency.
  • Check our other plugins and get a generous discount of up to 30% when buying 2 or more plugins.

a.gneady
Site Admin

Post by a.gneady » 2018-12-09 12:27

I'm so sorry for the long delay. I was trying to trace the cause of this issue and finally found it. In the file hooks/Packages_filter.php, find the code:

Code: Select all

id: response.results[1].id,
text: response.results[1].text
In your specific setup, you should find it at lines 105, 235, 317. Please change each occurrence to read:

Code: Select all

id: response.results[0].id,
text: response.results[0].text

Explanation: This is a bug that I'll fix in the next release of SPM. It occurs when the filtered field is a lookup field set as 'Required' in AppGini (for normal lookup fields, this bug doesn't happen).

Please accept my deep apologies for any inconvenience caused by this issue.
:idea: AppGini plugins to add more power to your apps:
  • DataTalk is an innovative AppGini plugin based on ChatGPT that allows you to interact with your AppGini database using natural language questions, without writing any SQL. Check the demo video
  • Mass Update plugin: Update multiple records at once and improve your workflow efficiency.
  • Check our other plugins and get a generous discount of up to 30% when buying 2 or more plugins.

SSchimkat
Veteran Member

Post by SSchimkat » 2018-12-09 16:00

No problem at all mate. Thanks for your help. :-)

Best regards, Søren