Bug when assingning ownership after import

Please report bugs and any annoyances here. Kindly include all possible details: steps to reproduce, expected result, actual result, screenshots, ... etc.
marchey

Bug when assingning ownership after import

Post by marchey » 2016-12-21 20:33

I may have stumbled on a very annoying bug.

This is what I did.

I created a table called 'leden' (=members) to record membership. The idea is that each club can only view its own members. This seemed quite easy to achieve. I set up a group for each club and one member for each club belonging to this group. I set the permissions vor viewing and editing on group level.

Th eproble arises with importer legacy data.

I imported 89 members from club A. After importing these I set ownership to group A. After logging on as user A_1 belonging to group A, I could see these 89 members.

Next I imported 20 members from club B. After importing these I set ownership to group B. But after logging on as user B_1 I could see all 109 members. Logging in as user A_1 again, I was still restricted to the 89 original members.

When checking the records for member A_1 as admin, I see only these 89 records. When I check for user B_1 I see 109 records. Some records appear as records belonging to A_1 AND to B_1. I tried selecting the records as admin and changing ownership again, but this doesn't have any effect. So, what am I doing wrong?

In the system that I try to set up, a club should only be able to see it's own records. But clearly this is not working. So what should I do to fix this?

Marc