annoyance - field typing

Please report bugs and any annoyances here. Kindly include all possible details: steps to reproduce, expected result, actual result, screenshots, ... etc.
grimblefritz
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

annoyance - field typing

Post by grimblefritz » 2016-07-13 12:09

I love that AppGini handles things like setting up email fields as mail links, and photo files and image uploads, and so forth.

However, I wish it gave some visual reminder that the selected field name has a special handling. Sometimes you want the field to be just a normal field - which I realize you can change the options to get that - but it's easy to just name a field email and forget how AG is going to do some auto-setup.

I just wish there were some reminder in the field options area that "This field name is auto-configured by AppGini" or even just an icon.

a.gneady
Site Admin

Re: annoyance - field typing

Post by a.gneady » 2016-08-08 08:01

Thanks a lot for your valuable feedback ... I've added your suggestion to our to-do list for future releases.
:idea: AppGini plugins to add more power to your apps:
  • DataTalk is an innovative AppGini plugin based on ChatGPT that allows you to interact with your AppGini database using natural language questions, without writing any SQL. Check the demo video
  • Mass Update plugin: Update multiple records at once and improve your workflow efficiency.
  • Check our other plugins and get a generous discount of up to 30% when buying 2 or more plugins.

baudwalker
Veteran Member

Post by baudwalker » 2016-12-12 21:32

I have the opposite issue. I love the email icon and mailto link, but it does not work with a look up field. If I select an email field from a parent table that has the icon setup it does not carry over to the child. As the child is defaults to integer it can't be changed so the raw emails are shown without the mailto link. Or is there a way?

Barry

Noha Eshra

Post by Noha Eshra » 2016-12-19 14:10

This issue has been fixed in 5.60 which we'll publish before New Year. :)

baudwalker
Veteran Member

Post by baudwalker » 2016-12-22 10:41

Thank you

baudwalker
Veteran Member

Post by baudwalker » 2016-12-22 10:51

It would be nice to be able to have any email the same as Members' emails from within the Admin area