International characters disrupts HTML editor

Please report bugs and any annoyances here. Kindly include all possible details: steps to reproduce, expected result, actual result, screenshots, ... etc.
pilandros
Veteran Member

International characters disrupts HTML editor

Post by pilandros » 2015-06-19 17:11

When editing a text field which has the flag "Rich HTML area" on and the user types any non english character like "áéíóú or ñ" in any place within the field, it works fine by saving the text field to the database. But next time when the user reads that record, although the text field in the table does have all saved data, including the special chars, it does show an empy field.
Problems comes if the user clicks the save button, because the empty field replaces the saved data in the record.
I have checked the database charset and collation, plus the character encoding in the AXP project and they remains the same.
Most of the time It is confusing for us non-programmers which one do we have to use/set for international languages. But in my case, I need my projects to be spanish compatible. So I have the following:
- Appgini AXP project file: character encoding "Western" and the "Don't enforce MySQL coding" unchecked
- MySQL database charset: utf8, the collate parameter: utf8_spanish2_ci

Is any of these language parameters has something to do with the HTML editor problem we are having? any Help?

a.gneady
Site Admin

Re: International characters disrupts HTML editor

Post by a.gneady » 2015-06-20 12:21

This issue was fixed in AppGini 5.41. Are you using an older version?
:idea: AppGini plugins to add more power to your apps:
  • DataTalk is an innovative AppGini plugin based on ChatGPT that allows you to interact with your AppGini database using natural language questions, without writing any SQL. Check the demo video
  • Mass Update plugin: Update multiple records at once and improve your workflow efficiency.
  • Check our other plugins and get a generous discount of up to 30% when buying 2 or more plugins.

pilandros
Veteran Member

Post by pilandros » 2016-04-23 17:59

I am using the latest 5.50 revision 835 and still have the problem.

AhmedBR
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Post by AhmedBR » 2016-04-23 18:31

Could be your database character encoding.
I am using Unicode UTF-08 and works nicely with special characters (Portuguese language - ç ã í etc.)
AppGini 22.14 - xampp 3.3.0 - PHP 7.4.30 - Summary reports - Calendar - Mass update - Messages - AppGiniHelper

AhmedBR
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Post by AhmedBR » 2016-04-23 22:55

and the Server connection collation being used is: utf8_general_ci
Give a try and see if this will solve your problem ;)
AppGini 22.14 - xampp 3.3.0 - PHP 7.4.30 - Summary reports - Calendar - Mass update - Messages - AppGiniHelper