Custom Header Problem When Migrating From 5.12 to 5.31

Please report bugs and any annoyances here. Kindly include all possible details: steps to reproduce, expected result, actual result, screenshots, ... etc.
Post Reply
gmusgrave
Posts: 18
Joined: 2013-08-15 17:27
Location: Mexico

Custom Header Problem When Migrating From 5.12 to 5.31

Post by gmusgrave » 2015-02-12 13:55

I am updating an existing app from AppGini 5.12 to 5.31, and have a problem with the custom header.

I have added a large block of instructional text to the top of table view via the tablename_header() function in the hook file.

This worked flawlessly in 5.12. In 5.31, however, a button appears superimposed on the header text with the caption "Submit Query". This is an unstyled, generic grey button.

Testing reveals that it only appears when the custom header block reaches a certain size (height). This size does not need to be particularly large (more than about 80px will do...).

It appears to be coming from this code:

Code: Select all

<input id="EnterAction" type="submit" onclick="return enterAction();" style="position: absolute; left: 0px; top: -250px;">
Here is the same code snippet from the working V5.12 (notice the difference in the top position parm of the style attribute):

Code: Select all

<input id="EnterAction" type="submit" style="position: absolute; left: 0px; top: -100px;" onclick="return enterAction();">
The script that defines enterAction appears to be identical in both versions.

If I change the code in datalist.php to generate a top position of -100 instead of -250 it just moves the button further down the page! Something less obvious is going on.

Can you please help?

Thank you.

gmusgrave
Posts: 18
Joined: 2013-08-15 17:27
Location: Mexico

Re: Custom Header Problem When Migrating From 5.12 to 5.31

Post by gmusgrave » 2015-02-13 16:15

I've found a workaround: if I change the code in datalist.php to generate a left position of -250 instead of 0, the button disappears off the page.

I don't know if this is the solution, or has unintended side-effects. It appears to be OK.

It would be nice to see this (or a better fix) incorporated into an AppGini release.

Thanks.

User avatar
ronwill
Veteran Member
Posts: 101
Joined: 2015-08-08 10:12
Location: Cheltenham UK +Weatherford USA

Re: Custom Header Problem When Migrating From 5.12 to 5.31

Post by ronwill » 2018-03-24 21:32

I'm still using this work around!
Ron - AppGini Pro V 5.76 Rev 1058
Gloucestershire, UK

R Tammam
Veteran Member
Posts: 113
Joined: 2017-08-26 15:35

Re: Custom Header Problem When Migrating From 5.12 to 5.31

Post by R Tammam » 2018-04-04 13:44

Hello gmusgrave,
i think you might have this probem because early versions of AppGini didn't have bootstrap , Appgini started using bootstrap in version 5.20

bruceholt
Veteran Member
Posts: 44
Joined: 2016-07-30 20:16

Re: Custom Header Problem When Migrating From 5.12 to 5.31

Post by bruceholt » 2018-04-13 05:59

I am using version 5.7 after upgrading from 5.62. I had the same problem when I added a custom header but altered the code inside datalist.php and problem solved without (hopefully) any side affects.

Post Reply