Lookup Stops Working

Please report bugs and any annoyances here. Kindly include all possible details: steps to reproduce, expected result, actual result, screenshots, ... etc.
dmeunier

Lookup Stops Working

Post by dmeunier » 2014-10-06 23:41

Hi,

I've been using AppGini for a number of years now without any real issues. The Lookup Field functionality has always worked without a hitch. I have an in production AppGini Application that has been using lookup fields on two forms: Visits and Interest, both pointing to the same Parent table: Shps. All of a sudden the Lookup Field to the Ships Parent Table has quit working on the Visits form, however the Lookup Field to the Ships Parent Table on the Interest form is working nicely.

Both Child fields are set up the same. Here are the screen shots for both setups:
Visits Ship field setup:

Here's the way the field looks on the web page (the question mark is where the combo box should be):

Here's the setup for the Interest Ship field:

Here's the way the field looks on the web page:

Why does it work on the Interest Page and NOT on the Visits page? More importantly, why did it quit working (after working for nearly a year) on the Visits page and it is STILL working on the Interest page?

HELP! I'd appreciate some assistance tracking this down. This is a production site, running for nearly a year and all of a sudden this problem has cropped up...

I have tried: Regenerating the site, I've made sure the default query is being run used in the lookup field, I have tried everything I can think of that is non-destructive to fix the problem...

Thanks for any assistance you can give me. :)

-David

udayvatturi
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Re: Lookup Stops Working

Post by udayvatturi » 2014-10-07 04:13

Hi David,
This is not an expected situation. I may be able to help you but need few more details. Please check your PM.

peebee
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Post by peebee » 2014-10-07 07:37

Not this this is of any real help but is the issue possbly browser related?

There is a known issue with Bootstrap/Select2 and Internet Explorer 11. Here's a related thread about the same issue (dropdown containers not visible) but in the modal view: http://forums.appgini.com/phpbb/viewtop ... =11&t=1307

As a matter of interest, is the the same behaviour happening across all web browsers?

dmeunier

Post by dmeunier » 2014-10-07 13:42

Hi Peebee,

Thanks for the link to the related post. I was wondering the same thing about it possibly being a browser problem. However, you'll note that it is working on the "Interest Page" just fine, and both pages are being displayed in the same browser. Also, I have the exact same experience using Firefox. It doesn't seem to be related to IE... :?

-David

RonP
Veteran Member

Post by RonP » 2014-10-14 12:36

Hi David,

A also suffer with this problem IE, Google and Firefox. However on my localhost everything works well.
See post:http://forums.appgini.com/phpbb/viewtop ... 3471#p3471

Ron

RonP
Veteran Member

Post by RonP » 2014-10-14 15:07

David,

I've just got this link http://forums.appgini.com/phpbb/viewtop ... f=2&t=1164.
I'm going to the provider and verify some things.

Ron

dmeunier

Post by dmeunier » 2014-10-14 15:14

Ron,

Uday helped me find a 'work around' for my problem. It appears there was a javascript error in the "*._dml.php" file that displayed the lookup dropdown. In my case it was specific to a timepicker control. Once the javascript that referenced that control was commented out the lookup worked without a hitch.

I would love to see the timepicker re-enabled but so far I haven't tried to personally solve that issue.

Ahmed has requested the project file so I would expect he's digging into this issue. I'm not sure if my fix would help your problem but it might be worth looking into?

I hope this helps,

-David