SOLVED: Day one 1st use fatal error 91 = bomb out

Please report bugs and any annoyances here. Kindly include all possible details: steps to reproduce, expected result, actual result, screenshots, ... etc.
Wanting Better

SOLVED: Day one 1st use fatal error 91 = bomb out

Post by Wanting Better » 2014-08-07 19:11

All I am doing is loading the database and then asking for generate of the default output. It's a "let's see what it has got" but the application aborts with a try..catch caught error in AppGini itself:

Error 91
Object Variable or With block variable not set
SaveFile(Z:\appgini\client_view.php, client_view.php, ...,True)

Actually, I suspect a source code error with network file paths where the permissions are set wrongly. If I generate the files on a local hard disk path then it completes. I then take the completed files and copy them manually to the network, Windows then dialogs or complains about permissions. I fix the network permissions and 'try again' in the Windows dialog to complete my manual copy. It progresses OK. I then assign the same network path to the generated Appgini output and it runs to completion.

The try...catch block around SaveFile(...), inside AppGini, needs some code to first check file creation permissions upon the target path. It can then decline gracefully with a user informative message. Without such graceful testing of the file creation permissions then the problem goes back out to the try..catch block and then to AppGini program abort. In the current version the user is not made aware of their network configuration problem.

AppGini you could do better... it's my fist day with this and how many sales would be lost with error 91?

Kind regards,

Anton Hinxman

a.gneady
Site Admin

Re: SOLVED: Day one 1st use fatal error 91 = bomb out

Post by a.gneady » 2014-08-08 22:26

Thanks for taking the time to report this error. We'll add a fix for it in future releases. Please accept my deep apologies for any inconvenience caused by this issue.
:idea: AppGini plugins to add more power to your apps:
  • DataTalk is an innovative AppGini plugin based on ChatGPT that allows you to interact with your AppGini database using natural language questions, without writing any SQL. Check the demo video
  • Mass Update plugin: Update multiple records at once and improve your workflow efficiency.
  • Check our other plugins and get a generous discount of up to 30% when buying 2 or more plugins.

apirnar
Veteran Member

Re: SOLVED: Day one 1st use fatal error 91 = bomb out

Post by apirnar » 2015-01-28 19:55

The same error often happens on local host as of 5.31.
It does not happen if I wait wait long enough between regenerating the system.
I suspect it is that some files to be overwritten are still locked from the previous generating and don't allow AppGini to overwrite until they are unlocked, either by previous AppGini process being killed or a timeout.