Select2 is way too slow in Appgini

Please report bugs and any annoyances here. Kindly include all possible details: steps to reproduce, expected result, actual result, screenshots, ... etc.
almaqdad

Select2 is way too slow in Appgini

Post by almaqdad » 2014-06-06 07:17

Dear Ahmed thank you for hard work in updating and supporting us.

I have noticed that all look-up fields and drop-down menu are too slow in loading even if you have only One record. I believe your Select2 code need to be optimized.

Any Advice

Thank you

a.gneady
Site Admin

Re: Select2 is way too slow in Appgini

Post by a.gneady » 2014-06-07 15:08

Hmm ... couldn't reproduce this here .. Could you try this please: install Firebug into your Firefox browser, open the Firebug panel and go to the Net tab > XHR, then open the drop down and notice the log displayed in Firebug ... do you see any errors?
:idea: AppGini plugins to add more power to your apps:
  • DataTalk is an innovative AppGini plugin based on ChatGPT that allows you to interact with your AppGini database using natural language questions, without writing any SQL. Check the demo video
  • Mass Update plugin: Update multiple records at once and improve your workflow efficiency.
  • Check our other plugins and get a generous discount of up to 30% when buying 2 or more plugins.

almaqdad

Post by almaqdad » 2014-06-07 16:51

Dear Ahmed,

There is no error at all. just the drop-down menu is slow

a.gneady
Site Admin

Post by a.gneady » 2014-06-07 17:01

Hmm ... well that would need some deeper investigation ... If you have admin/root access to your server, try enabling the MySQL slow query log ... please refer to this page for more info: http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/ ... y-log.html

Next, check the slow query log after loading a slow page to see which queries are causing this behavior. From there we can see how to fix this issue.
:idea: AppGini plugins to add more power to your apps:
  • DataTalk is an innovative AppGini plugin based on ChatGPT that allows you to interact with your AppGini database using natural language questions, without writing any SQL. Check the demo video
  • Mass Update plugin: Update multiple records at once and improve your workflow efficiency.
  • Check our other plugins and get a generous discount of up to 30% when buying 2 or more plugins.

wplim
Veteran Member

Post by wplim » 2014-06-17 05:39

I notice the same thing too after upgrading from 5.12 to 5.2x and 5.30.
No bug found just slower response.

Let's take Northwind demo as an example, when running the hosted version on bigprof.com, typical dropdown response time is <200ms.
If I download the Northwind demo and host it on my local hard drive, each dropdown takes about 1s - 2s to load.
Which means to edit a record with multiple dropdown fields, I have to wait #dropdown fields x 1s to be loaded before changes can be made and save. Otherwise if the user click save changes before every dropdown field is loaded, data will be lost.

Anyone else experience this?

wplim
Veteran Member

Post by wplim » 2014-06-17 07:12

Quick update: I reinstall XAMPP 1.8.3.4 (was 1.8.1) problem solved. Now the loading time for each dropdown is <30ms WOW!!!