White screen after adding a new Table.

Please report bugs and any annoyances here. Kindly include all possible details: steps to reproduce, expected result, actual result, screenshots, ... etc.
pvisser
Veteran Member

White screen after adding a new Table.

Post by pvisser » 2014-06-05 16:09

Hello. I upgraded my Appgini. Opened my project with tables and all works fine. After creating a new table in the project, after exporting or publishing the new table icon and button is there but when i press it i get a http error 500. Please advice

omackeytech
Veteran Member

Re: White screen after adding a new Table.

Post by omackeytech » 2014-06-05 16:54

I had a similar problem (but 404 error on new table), I had to drop the entire database (after exporting the data of course) and re-create it using 5.3 generated code. Still having minor issues but that solved the 404 error.
BTW I'm working on a test server, have not upgraded the production database yet.

pvisser
Veteran Member

Post by pvisser » 2014-06-06 06:21

Yes i notes this to. I also find another problem. If you hide a field in detail view thats when it goes wrong. After doing this The error 500 appair when pressing the button. Please appgini def. Give us advice. I have The feeling this is a bad upgrade. I think.

pvisser
Veteran Member

Post by pvisser » 2014-06-06 10:30

The Whole upgrade, back to 5.2.0 all does not work annymore. Complete fuckedup my project. Thanks!!!!! :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

gerardus

Post by gerardus » 2014-06-06 10:39

I tried a 5.23 Beta that I had and it doesn't work (lookups problem, see my other post).

pvisser
Veteran Member

Post by pvisser » 2014-06-06 12:45

Whas there a full release form version 5.23? Now i installed the version 5.22 because the update 5.30 has to many bugs. But is there a Version 5.23? not beta bu finall. if yes where can i download it.

a.gneady
Site Admin

Post by a.gneady » 2014-06-07 15:05

Guys, please! I'm not following up all the posts! Would you please describe steps to reproduce this issue? I understood that it occurs when you click "Add new" and have a field that is hidden (hidden in table view or detail view? I tried both) -- Couldn't reproduce this. Do you see a specific error message in the error_log file?
:idea: AppGini plugins to add more power to your apps:
  • DataTalk is an innovative AppGini plugin based on ChatGPT that allows you to interact with your AppGini database using natural language questions, without writing any SQL. Check the demo video
  • Mass Update plugin: Update multiple records at once and improve your workflow efficiency.
  • Check our other plugins and get a generous discount of up to 30% when buying 2 or more plugins.

pvisser
Veteran Member

Post by pvisser » 2014-06-09 16:03

Whel its like this. Whe connecting two tables. and the parent table is visible under the first table, insert a new record. When the connected field is set "Not visible in Table" the page is going blank.

Noha Eshra

Post by Noha Eshra » 2014-06-22 04:27

pvisser wrote:Hello. I upgraded my Appgini. Opened my project with tables and all works fine. After creating a new table in the project, after exporting or publishing the new table icon and button is there but when i press it i get a http error 500. Please advice
I tried reproducing the issues and wasn't able to. I added a table icon, generated and opened it in the browser.. it worked fine. Please advise, if any step is missing.

Noha Eshra

Post by Noha Eshra » 2014-06-22 04:38

pvisser wrote:Yes i notes this to. I also find another problem. If you hide a field in detail view thats when it goes wrong. After doing this The error 500 appair when pressing the button. Please appgini def. Give us advice. I have The feeling this is a bad upgrade. I think.
To reproduce the error, I hid a field in detail view, generated and opened it in the browser, no errors appeared. Am I getting it right?

Noha Eshra

Post by Noha Eshra » 2014-06-22 04:43

pvisser wrote:Whel its like this. Whe connecting two tables. and the parent table is visible under the first table, insert a new record. When the connected field is set "Not visible in Table" the page is going blank.
I created a lookup field, went to the parent table, parent/children setting, checked enabled, show icon, saved, checked hidden in table and generated. I then went to the browser, clicked "add new" it worked fine.

Please check your server error log, as a "500 server error" or a blank page means there is an error that wasn't displayed in the browser but logged into the server error log.

toconnell
Veteran Member

Post by toconnell » 2015-01-05 13:54

Ahmad,

I am getting this too with the new version only. I added a new table with a parent/child relationship. This is all I did between Friday and today and Friday everything worked great once the update was done the 500 internal server error started. I have tried to delete all the files and rebuild and reload and still same error. I can send you the file. This is a huge problem. I am sure it is something to do with the parent relationship as that is the only change I made to the files.
Tina O'Connell
Web Dev & Appgini FAN

a.gneady
Site Admin

Post by a.gneady » 2015-01-08 22:13

A "500 server error" is usually accompanied by an error message saved into the server error_log file .. Could you please check that?
:idea: AppGini plugins to add more power to your apps:
  • DataTalk is an innovative AppGini plugin based on ChatGPT that allows you to interact with your AppGini database using natural language questions, without writing any SQL. Check the demo video
  • Mass Update plugin: Update multiple records at once and improve your workflow efficiency.
  • Check our other plugins and get a generous discount of up to 30% when buying 2 or more plugins.