Set column to be read-only, but it refuses

Please report bugs and any annoyances here. Kindly include all possible details: steps to reproduce, expected result, actual result, screenshots, ... etc.
BestMacs

Set column to be read-only, but it refuses

Post by BestMacs » 2014-05-23 04:20

I have a "TEXT" column in one of my tables that I have also set with both the "read-only" checkbox and the "Rich HTML" checkbox.
The goal is that a script (not part of AppGini) will populate MySQL with a dynamically generated hyperlink string ("a href" in tags) and then AppGini presents that field as a link that I can click to go to a different site.

When I publish, the field refuses to be read-only. It is always showing the edit box and lets me modify the contents. Note this is even when the field is blank, so the presence of the HTML "a href" in the MySQL column is not at fault.

What's strange, but also reassuring, is that I have the same sort of setup in an entirely different AppGini project and it works perfectly. So there must be something about this project file or this particular table that causes the faulty behavior.

Here's what I have tried:
- deleted the column and recreated it with a different name
- moved it around in the table, including top and bottom
- changed the MySQL type and the "text box" AppGini field type but no other combination will let me have the hyperlink behave as a link (one combination turns every bit of text below the field into a dead hyperlink - wacky!)

Before I go and recreate the whole table (about 40 columns, ugh) I thought I would ask here.

Any insight?

BestMacs

Re: Set column to be read-only, but it refuses

Post by BestMacs » 2014-05-23 04:59

Clarification: problem exists with similar field in different table of same project.
Screen Shot 2014-05-23 at 12.21.18 AM.png
Screen Shot 2014-05-23 at 12.21.18 AM.png (13.66 KiB) Viewed 3542 times
does this
Screen Shot 2014-05-23 at 12.22.00 AM.png
Screen Shot 2014-05-23 at 12.22.00 AM.png (5.61 KiB) Viewed 3542 times
Running 5.23 if it makes any difference.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

BestMacs

Re: Set column to be read-only, but it refuses

Post by BestMacs » 2014-05-23 05:31

Figured it out.

For posterity - and shame on me if this is in the documentation somewhere...

The tables that exhibited the problem both had another read/write text field set for HTML. My project that was working did not. Upon realizing this, I set the second field to a plain text box (not Rich HTML) and now the field in question behaves properly.