AutoFill Values incorrect?

Please report bugs and any annoyances here. Kindly include all possible details: steps to reproduce, expected result, actual result, screenshots, ... etc.
TheCodeRed

AutoFill Values incorrect?

Post by TheCodeRed » 2014-05-15 19:09

I am using a table that has an autofill field that seems to be saving data of the wrong value. Unless I am misunderstanding how the autofill is supposed to be working and works on all of the other tables, I may have set something up wrong.

I have a tables called 'Customer', 'Sales_Rep', and 'Call_History'.
The customer itself is assigned a sales rep. Lets just say the values of the sales reps are 1,2,3 and 4.
Assume that Customer number 145 is assigned a sales rep of John or Sales rep ID 3.
When selecting the customer in the Call_History table (I have an autofill field of Customer.SalesRep) filling a field called Call_History.Call_Rep.
Am I mistaken about how this is supposed to work?
When I select Customer 145 from the customer drop down in my Call_History table it fills the field with the correct name of the Sales Rep. (In this case, we are assuming The name is John Smith with a Sales Rep number of 3) However, the value it places in the field is the value of the customer number. Which is useless as I already have that selected.

So instead of Call_History.Call_rep providing me with a value of '3' representing the sales rep, it populates the value of 145 (The customer number) instead. I can't believe that I did this a different way than the last couple hundred fields like this that I set up, but maybe I did. Who knows. I would like it fill the value of 3 in my field and not the customer number of 145. The reason behind this is simple, as I am trying to create reports based off sales_rep numbers. However I can't do that because it references the wrong table. Any help is greatly appreciated.

-CodeRed

jimfri

Re: AutoFill Values incorrect?

Post by jimfri » 2014-05-17 14:05

Hi.

You might take a look at video on auto-fill to see if what field you've selected to auto-populate is incorrect. (I personally am only using a single lookup field so far in a project.)

http://bigprof.com/appgini/video-tour-auto-fill-fields

Jim

dssc

Re: AutoFill Values incorrect?

Post by dssc » 2014-05-17 15:24

Works ok for me.

I created 3 tables with the names you used, added 3 reps and 2 customers. I assigned two of the customers a different sakes rep. Each new entry in the call history returns the customer and the related sales rep which is what I think you were trying to achieve.

Make sure you set the Customer look up first and then the sales rep look up will follow. It might be an idea to remove the look ups you have and reset them. That Call.History table will, of course, only store the index no of customer and sales rep respectively but these should return the names when you call up the detail view.

If you like I can send you my axp file.
D.