Admin Notifications not working

Please report bugs and any annoyances here. Kindly include all possible details: steps to reproduce, expected result, actual result, screenshots, ... etc.
kavlito

Admin Notifications not working

Post by kavlito » 2014-04-04 12:50

In Admin Settings/Admin Notifications, I have it set to Notify admin for all new sign-ups. (see attached Admin Notification Settings)

I have 38 signups and have never received any notifications via email. I verified the admin email address and it is correct. (However, you can only see the admin email address in the database membership_users table)

Anybody else having this problem? Resolution?

Thanks in advance.
Attachments
Membership Management - Google Chrome_2014-04-04_08-41-31.jpg
Admin Notification Settings
Membership Management - Google Chrome_2014-04-04_08-41-31.jpg (47.4 KiB) Viewed 2317 times

a.gneady
Site Admin

Re: Admin Notifications not working

Post by a.gneady » 2014-04-05 09:53

Try testing if your server can send mails using these settings or not .. Create a file named for example "test-mail.php" with the following code:

Code: Select all

<?php
    mail(
         "your_admin_email_here",
         "Test",
         "This is a test email",
         "From: your_admin_email_here"
    );
?>
Replace "your_admin_email_here" in the above code with the email address you used in the "Sender email" box. Finally, upload and run the above script on your server and notice any error messages.
:idea: AppGini plugins to add more power to your apps:
  • DataTalk is an innovative AppGini plugin based on ChatGPT that allows you to interact with your AppGini database using natural language questions, without writing any SQL. Check the demo video
  • Mass Update plugin: Update multiple records at once and improve your workflow efficiency.
  • Check our other plugins and get a generous discount of up to 30% when buying 2 or more plugins.