Performance of 5.22 vs 5.12 built apps

Please report bugs and any annoyances here. Kindly include all possible details: steps to reproduce, expected result, actual result, screenshots, ... etc.
KSan
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Performance of 5.22 vs 5.12 built apps

Post by KSan » 2013-12-30 08:02

I finally had the time and opportunity to make the jump to the new version. While I appreciate the nice visuals etc I am a little taken aback with the performance decrease. The new fancy screen stuff (ajax?) is running quite slower compared to our older 5.12 generated applications.

Example, I have a lookup table with 2 names in it. I click the down arrow in the table that relies on this lookup. I see "Searching" blink for a moment before the list with two names comes back. Can't imagine what a list with 100s of items will do to me...

Has anyone else noticed this? Any workarounds, solutions?

benzoD
Veteran Member

Re: Performance of 5.22 vs 5.12 built apps

Post by benzoD » 2014-02-21 16:40

I haven't noticed a slowdown. I have several drop downs with dozens of entries and they do show a searching animation when accessed, but it's literally a quarter of a second. I would not have even noticed that it was there unless you had mentioned it and I actually looked for it. My users haven't said anything about sluggishness or complained about a change in productivity. To test, you could create a csv with hundreds of sequential numbers, import that into a drop down field and then try it out to see if the animation is increased.

However, since I've looked into this, it appears that the drop downs that I've replaced with a csv file in the hooks folder do not show the searching animations and are faster by that tiny amount of time. I would try that if you can't live with the split second animation.