Deviating fields are not being fixed

Please report bugs and any annoyances here. Kindly include all possible details: steps to reproduce, expected result, actual result, screenshots, ... etc.
Post Reply
arcanebits
Veteran Member
Posts: 45
Joined: 2018-12-10 21:52

Deviating fields are not being fixed

Post by arcanebits » 2021-11-29 16:43

Hi im runing on latest appgini 5.98 (1296), updated from previous version and tried to fix: Found 5 deviating fields that might need to be updated.
Sadly it does not fix it, it acts the same like trying but with no success.
Does anyonbe have found a workardound for this? or maybe I need to enter to the MariaDB and manualy fix?

Thank for any tip
Aldo

arcanebits
Veteran Member
Posts: 45
Joined: 2018-12-10 21:52

Re: Deviating fields are not being fixed

Post by arcanebits » 2021-11-29 17:03

I have mixed up my mind... I answered myself another problem (err 500) solved recompiling... the main issue of deviating fileds still there..

Aldo
Last edited by arcanebits on 2021-11-29 17:05, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
jsetzer
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero
Posts: 1250
Joined: 2018-07-06 06:03
Location: Kiel, Germany
Contact:

Re: Deviating fields are not being fixed

Post by jsetzer » 2021-11-29 17:04

Did you skip setup.md5 when uploading to your remote server?
Kind regards,
<js />

My AppGini Blog:
https://appgini.bizzworxx.de/blog

User avatar
jsetzer
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero
Posts: 1250
Joined: 2018-07-06 06:03
Location: Kiel, Germany
Contact:

Re: Deviating fields are not being fixed

Post by jsetzer » 2021-11-29 17:05

Ok, that was simultaneously :lol:
Kind regards,
<js />

My AppGini Blog:
https://appgini.bizzworxx.de/blog

arcanebits
Veteran Member
Posts: 45
Joined: 2018-12-10 21:52

Re: Deviating fields are not being fixed

Post by arcanebits » 2021-11-29 17:07

jsetzer wrote:
2021-11-29 17:04
Did you skip setup.md5 when uploading to your remote server?
I cant recall if I did. Is there a way to look into that?
Aldo

pböttcher
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero
Posts: 1382
Joined: 2018-04-01 10:12

Re: Deviating fields are not being fixed

Post by pböttcher » 2021-11-29 17:27

Hi,

do you already have data in the modified field? If you have data that will not fit your new definition, the update will fail.

arcanebits
Veteran Member
Posts: 45
Joined: 2018-12-10 21:52

Re: Deviating fields are not being fixed

Post by arcanebits » 2021-11-29 17:40

Ohhh! im quite sure you hit the problem, Let me go and Check!
Aldo

arcanebits
Veteran Member
Posts: 45
Joined: 2018-12-10 21:52

Re: Deviating fields are not being fixed

Post by arcanebits » 2021-11-29 18:16

You where right, there where data living already in those fields, as the DB is Small and on development I manualy set data to zero so appgini work on it again into next edit.

The weird is this
FLOAT(5,3) NULL DEFAULT '.499' ----> Appgini
FLOAT(5,3) default '0.499' -----> MariaDB and still the deviant error

Im going to activate de NULL on the Maria and see how it goes.
Aldo

arcanebits
Veteran Member
Posts: 45
Joined: 2018-12-10 21:52

Re: Deviating fields are not being fixed

Post by arcanebits » 2021-11-29 18:19

Nothing, one (the easy waty out question) what will happen if I enter into de Maria and DELETE that field? AppGini will create it as if it where a first run?
Aldo

arcanebits
Veteran Member
Posts: 45
Joined: 2018-12-10 21:52

Re: Deviating fields are not being fixed

Post by arcanebits » 2021-11-29 18:28

Ok this is weird, and maybe its on my server side...
Heres what i did
1- Backup from appgini internal dump system
2- Deleted the Field
3- Amgini Noticed it, and said "you have a non existing table, we need to create it"
4- I said, sure go ahead, create it
5- It created but with the same issue
FLOAT(5,3) NULL DEFAULT '.499' --->Appgini application
FLOAT(5,3) default '0.499' --->MariaDB

This as far as I know is not breaking the WebApp, I just wanted to have no complains from Appgini in the admin panel.
I will dig it a little more, any tip is Welcome.
Aldo

User avatar
a.gneady
Site Admin
Posts: 1187
Joined: 2012-09-27 14:46
Contact:

Re: Deviating fields are not being fixed

Post by a.gneady » 2021-12-23 12:15

FLOAT(5,3) NULL DEFAULT '.499' --->Appgini application
FLOAT(5,3) default '0.499' --->MariaDB
Hmm ... I guess it's the default value that is confusing AppGini ... '.499' is the same as '0.499' but AppGini is making a string comparison rather than a numeric one, so they are not matching ... and when the app tries to change the default to '.499', it's seen by the db as '0.499', and so the deviation persists from the app's point of view.

I've taken note of that issue to add a fix to it in future releases. You might for now try setting the default value to '0.499' in the project file, regenerate, and see if that fixes the deviation.
:idea: Calendar plugin: Organize your data into beautiful calendars.
:arrow: Mass Update plugin: Update multiple records at once and improve your workflow efficiency.
:arrow: Summary Reports plugin: Build powerful reports and charts for your AppGini apps.
:arrow: Search Page Maker: Compose user-friendly yet powerful search pages for your AppGini apps.

arcanebits
Veteran Member
Posts: 45
Joined: 2018-12-10 21:52

Re: Deviating fields are not being fixed

Post by arcanebits » 2022-01-10 17:08

Ohhh ! on to it!

Post Reply