Previous login failed

Please report bugs and any annoyances here. Kindly include all possible details: steps to reproduce, expected result, actual result, screenshots, ... etc.
kanklovitch
Veteran Member

Re: Previous login failed

Post by kanklovitch » 2021-05-30 13:56

Unfortunately the code in my lib.php file didn't work either. I will see if Host Papa has any ideas.

Thanks Olaf, I am very concerned about taking too much of your time.

Ken

pbottcher
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Post by pbottcher » 2021-05-30 20:06

Hi Ken,

which version of AppGini are you using?

To try to track down the problem, can you please
1, catch the record for your admin account in the membership_users table. Write down the PassMD5 and
2, once you cannot login to your APP again,
- check if the PassMD5 did change
- check if the admin account is banned
- check the membership_grouppermissions for the settings of the admin group (usually group id 2)

Are you the only user of you App? Are you using only the admin account or another account?
Any help offered comes with the best of intentions. Use it at your own risk. In any case, please make a backup of your existing environment before applying any changes.

kanklovitch
Veteran Member

Post by kanklovitch » 2021-05-30 21:51

Hi Olaf

My AG is 5.95 revision 11.36.
I really don't know much about admin rights because I am the only user, I've never had to learn why or what I can do with the variations permissions etc. I will see what what I can learn as soon as I can.

Thanks Trouble Shooter

kanklovitch
Veteran Member

Post by kanklovitch » 2021-05-31 14:23

Hey Olaf
Wow, it looks like it is working. I didn't realize it at the time but when I re-named my app from "test" to my company name I didn't rename my login credentials so I couldn't log in. Last night I reset my DB name, UN and PW and logged in properly. This morning, even after a power outage I logged into my new app as normal. I will know shortly if it continues to work normally but I am optimistic because test worked for a few days without fail. Right now I have all my tables and fields converted to my new app.

As I tried to explain before, Host Papa said when I set-up my test they adjusted the PHP and .htaccess for test and it worked. They then made the same changes to my main app but it didn't work. I have no idea what changes they made but I will try to get clarification from them so I can report back to you.

Ken

onoehring
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Post by onoehring » 2021-05-31 15:11

Hi Ken,

yes, please us updated.
Did you try pbötchers suggestions? Listening to pbötcher was always worth my time - so try his suggestions ;-)

Olaf

kanklovitch
Veteran Member

Post by kanklovitch » 2021-05-31 20:12

Ooopps
Sorry, I didn't realize that was a pbötchers suggestion, I thought that was you. I will definitely try to be more specific about what my problem was and why it is working now. I have gone about 16 hours or so with no problems so I am optimistic right now. Right now I will focus on production and let you know as soon as I can. I just appreciate all of you incredible Super Hero's sooo much. It is no exaggeration to say I could hardly operate my business without AppGini.

kanklovitch
Veteran Member

Post by kanklovitch » 2021-06-09 14:26

Hi Guys

Just to update everyone. My original app still forces me to reset my database credentials every 3 hours or so. My new app that I created is working as normal, all I have to do supply my UN and PW so I have made the switch. Host Papa can offer no explanation why my old app continues to give me problems and my new app works fine so I can't offer any advice about anything I learned except to rebuild your application.

I love AppGini and all you super heroes and Host Papa support has been excellent as well. With the odd glitch popping up between me, AG & HP I am still very thankful that I can create my own database to manage my own business without hiring a programmer or for that matter on understanding the basics of database programming itself.

Thanks to all
Ken

peebee
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Post by peebee » 2021-06-09 22:20

Just had a quick scan through this thread to see what's going on. Whilst I haven't read the entire thing, I did see this which could possibly be a cause of problems:
I decided to rebuild my main db in the test db I set up and it was working fine until I almost finished with all my data ported over when it suddenly started to do the same thing when I renamed my application to my new business name. In other words instead of test.axp it is called north_country.axp and I renamed my folder on Host Papa to north_country from test. How is it possible it could work just fine for a couple of days and than suddenly say "previous log-in failed and make me start over?
I'm not sure exactly how you've renamed things but renaming an app is not quite so simple as the app name is used in several important files. For example, your session names are controlled by your app.

in admin/incFunctions.php

Code: Select all

function initSession() {
		$sh = @ini_get('session.save_handler');

$options = [
			'name' => 'YourAppName',
in setup.php

Code: Select all

/* include page header, unless we're testing db connection (ajax) */
	if(session_id()) { @session_write_close(); }
	@session_name('YourAppName');
	@session_start();
Perhaps try loading your app without changing the name and see if it works or alternatively, generate your app with the correct name and then replace all new generated files. Don't have a mix of two app names (as it appears as though you may have done)? See what happens?

balexander

Post by balexander » 2021-11-13 19:35

Have same problem. After setup, I loose root access and the admin account won't work. For those of you on a linux system I wrote a quick bash script to speed up the process, but it is still a pain.

One work-around I tried was to add another account and make it an administrator. Theory, setup shouldn't touch that account. Problem, the account works but I cannot access the admin area. Has anyone tried a this work-around.

Also, has anyone logged this as a bug. I think it is.

balexander

Post by balexander » 2021-11-13 19:53

balexander wrote:
2021-11-13 19:35
Have same problem. After setup, I loose root access and the admin account won't work. For those of you on a linux system I wrote a quick bash script to speed up the process, but it is still a pain.

One work-around I tried was to add another account and make it an administrator. Theory, setup shouldn't touch that account. Problem, the account works but I cannot access the admin area. Has anyone tried a this work-around.

Also, has anyone logged this as a bug. I think it is.
UPDATE! I checked the error logs, and I think I have found the issue. After the first install, the query to put the "new" admin into the db fails. This is probably a security "feature". You might want to check you logs. Here is the reply, last line is the response:

INSERT INTO `membership_users` SET
`memberID`='root',
`passMD5`='$2y$10$g/PLfz57zlzzKOpwO/vr2uj3D6kCLR5FUx0b3OxgF0jcgUvByOg1C',
`email`='[email protected]',
`signUpDate`='2021-09-13',
`groupID`='2',
`isBanned`=0,
`isApproved`=1,
`comments`='Admin member created automatically on 2021-09-13'
Duplicate entry 'root' for key 'PRIMARY'