Several bugs and show stopper in appgini 5.41

Please report bugs and any annoyances here. Kindly include all possible details: steps to reproduce, expected result, actual result, screenshots, ... etc.
SkayyHH
Veteran Member

Several bugs and show stopper in appgini 5.41

Post by SkayyHH » 2015-06-22 19:44

Hello,

i have testet my appgini app and found many bugs and show stoppers. It needs many of my time to report this bugs hopefully you will
fix this issues soon. I added some screenshots displaying the bugs because my english is not best ;-)

1.) Lookups are empty when clicking on lookup buttons if entries not <none>(Screenshot Lookup Bug 1A.jpg / Lookup Bug 1B.jpg / Lookup Bug 1C.jpg)
2.) Field prompts are not in line with help buttons (Screenshot Help Button Bug.jpg)
3.) Buttons on Date fields an lookup fields are not aligned when responsive resizes (Screenshot Responsive Button align bug A.jpg / Responsive Button align bug B.jpg)
4.) Print Buttons are different on list prints and detail forms print. Please, use the same format like list prints. (Screenshot Print Button Bug A.jpg / Print Button Bug B.jpg)
5.) Dates are not formated in lookup fields (Screenshot Date Format Bug A.jpg | Date Format Bug B.jpg)
6.) All users have filter options for all records and group records even they are have permissions only for viewing there own records. Please change this filter options displaying for admins only (Sceenshot Filter Bugs.jpg)
7.) On the passwort reset page there is an link "continue as guest" even the app settings does not allow guests (Screenshot GuestBug.jpg)
8.) On Admin pages there is not save confirmation when saving something

Thanks very much for you fixings,

best regards, Kai

----------------

Because i can´t attache all of my screenshots i will send this from my email too.

SkayyHH
Veteran Member

Re: Several bugs and show stopper in appgini 5.41

Post by SkayyHH » 2015-06-24 04:56

Hello,

no reply? It would be awesome to know if and when the bugs will be fixed. It will need many time and costs to be your "beta tester".

Thanks much, Kai

a.gneady
Site Admin

Post by a.gneady » 2015-06-24 20:51

I'll check and address them as soon as possible. Thanks for taking the time to report them.
:idea: AppGini plugins to add more power to your apps:
  • DataTalk is an innovative AppGini plugin based on ChatGPT that allows you to interact with your AppGini database using natural language questions, without writing any SQL. Check the demo video
  • Mass Update plugin: Update multiple records at once and improve your workflow efficiency.
  • Check our other plugins and get a generous discount of up to 30% when buying 2 or more plugins.

SkayyHH
Veteran Member

Post by SkayyHH » 2015-06-26 19:49

Ok, thank you very much!

Kai

SkayyHH
Veteran Member

Post by SkayyHH » 2015-07-14 19:32

Hello,

when do you will fix the appgini bugs?

Best regards, Kai

naturick
Veteran Member

Post by naturick » 2015-07-16 10:51

I don't know if this problem is about 5.41....

I can't enter accents on my fields (VARCHAR type).

I have following Error on update field.

a.gneady
Site Admin

Post by a.gneady » 2015-07-16 12:00

Hi Naturick,

Please send me the AXP project file via a PM (private message) to inspect this issue.
  • DataTalk is an innovative AppGini plugin based on ChatGPT that allows you to interact with your AppGini database using natural language questions, without writing any SQL. Check the demo video
  • Mass Update plugin: Update multiple records at once and improve your workflow efficiency.
  • Check our other plugins and get a generous discount of up to 30% when buying 2 or more plugins.

a.gneady
Site Admin

Post by a.gneady » 2015-07-16 12:50

SkayyHH wrote:Hello,

when do you will fix the appgini bugs?

Best regards, Kai
I'm so sorry for the long delay. Here is the status of the bugs you reported on the first post:

1. Sorry, we're unable to reproduce this bug?
2. Will be fixed in next release.
3. This is hard to fix as the exact margin values vary according to theme and "compact" setting, meaning there are more than 30 possible combinations, but we'll try our best to fix it.
4. Will fix but may be not in the next release.
5. Will fix in future releases.
6. Will fix in future releases.
7. Will fix in future releases.
8. Do you mean a notification the saving was successful? We plan a complete overhaul of the admin section soon to fix many usability issues and make it more powerful.

Next release (AppGini 5.42) is hopefully due before the end of this month.