MySql Right Join to hook.

Discussions related to customizing hooks. Hooks are documented at http://bigprof.com/appgini/help/advanced-topics/hooks/
Jay Webb
Veteran Member

MySql Right Join to hook.

Post by Jay Webb » 2018-05-17 22:13

Trying to to input data from tbl1 to empty tbl2. My php comes from successful query in phpmyadmin, now would like to add as hook so on page load, data is retrieved from tbl1 and sent to tbl2.

I tried this code, it run with blank screen, not sure how to proceed

In; ../hooks/FF_Reference_Check.php

Code: Select all

function FF_Reference_Check_init(&$options, $memberInfo, &$args){

$sql = "SELECT ID, FamilyFile, LastName, FirstName, Birth, BirthDate, BirthPlace, Father, Mother, SpouseName\n"

. "FROM FF_Reference_Check\n"

. "RIGHT JOIN MacLellanGenealogy USING (ID, FamilyFile, LastName, FirstName, Birth, BirthDate, BirthPlace, Father, Mother)\n"

. "WHERE FamilyFile IS NOT NULL\n"

. "\n"

. "ORDER BY case when `FamilyFile` is null then 1 else 0 end, `FamilyFile`";
			}
		return $query;
		}
What we envision, we make happen.

pbottcher
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Re: MySql Right Join to hook.

Post by pbottcher » 2018-05-18 05:54

Hi,

In your code you create the SQL query and put it into a string. This would return all records where your WHERE clause is matched.

Now you can add

$res = sqlvalue("INSERT INTO TBL2 (FamilyFile, LastName, FirstName, Birth, BirthDate, BirthPlace, Father, Mother, SpouseName) ".$query);
Any help offered comes with the best of intentions. Use it at your own risk. In any case, please make a backup of your existing environment before applying any changes.

Jay Webb
Veteran Member

Post by Jay Webb » 2018-05-20 23:02

Hello: Pascal
I'v tried a dozen different ways and I can't seem to get it working.
Did a bunch of reading and came up with this,

function FF_Reference_Check_init(&$options, $memberInfo, &$args){

$options=$query

$query = mysql_query("SELECT ID, FamilyFile, LastName, FirstName, Birth, BirthDate, BirthPlace, Father, Mother FROM `MacLellanGenealogy`

WHERE ID='ID', FamilyFile='FamilyFile', LastName='LastName', FirstName='FirstName', Birth='Birth', BirthDate='BirthDate', BirthPlace='BirthPlace', Father='Father', Mother='Mother' ".$query),

$res = sqlvalue("INSERT INTO 'FF_Reference_Check' ('ID', 'FamilyFile', 'LastName', 'FirstName', 'Birth', 'BirthDate', 'BirthPlace', 'Father', 'Mother') ".$query);

mysql_query($query);

return TRUE;

}
But it didn't work ether, I'm missing something.
What we envision, we make happen.

pbottcher
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Post by pbottcher » 2018-05-21 08:09

Hi Jay, just to clarify
are you trying to put in TBL2 all data from TBL1 with the WHERE clause in the SQL as in your 1'st post, or some other matching data (like in your second post).

For the 1'st you can use this after your string assignment to $sql.

$res = sqlvalue("INSERT INTO TBL2 (ID, FamilyFile, LastName, FirstName, Birth, BirthDate, BirthPlace, Father, Mother, SpouseName) ".$query);

sorry, I missed the "ID" in my first reply.

If you try to get other specific data, please explain what you try to acheive. (Maybe you can add a screenshot).
Any help offered comes with the best of intentions. Use it at your own risk. In any case, please make a backup of your existing environment before applying any changes.