Adding your custom work to the pages

Got something cool to share with AppGini users? Feel free to post it here!
bambinou
Veteran Member

Adding your custom work to the pages

Post by bambinou » 2017-09-08 21:23

Hello all,

I was looking at a lot of posts where people were adding jquery and other languages directly into the pages...don't do that, this is super risky if you tick the wrong box while generating the app you are dead...

I would like to share a few tricks which have really helped my workflow:

1)Download sourcetree and setup a version control on your local machine, add a folder in your website and in this folder add your Appgini main file.
Each time you add something to your website, kick in the version control, this way you can reverse any mistakes at anytime because you version control the appgini file itself which is cool.

2)Do not add your jquery code in each pages, this is super risky, do this instead. Go to your hooks folder and select the footer-extra.php.
In there past this:
<script src="<?php echo PREPEND_PATH; ?>resources/custom/custom.js"></script>
<script src="<?php echo PREPEND_PATH; ?>resources/custom/custom.css"></script>

In your application create a new folder called customer and drop in your 2 custom css and js file.

Each time you wish to change something in the fields(ie hide or show the fields( add your code to the custom folder, this way you never erase your work.

No idea if Ahmad would recommend this but It would be nice to have his input on this.

bambinou
Veteran Member

Re: Adding your custom work to the pages

Post by bambinou » 2017-09-08 22:12