How to hide a certain value in a dropdown list field?

The recommended method of customizing your AppGini-generated application is through hooks. But sometimes you might need to add functionality not accessible through hooks. You can discuss this here.
Alisson
Veteran Member

How to hide a certain value in a dropdown list field?

Post by Alisson » 2017-07-16 01:02

Is it possible to hide values in a dropdown field for different groups?

My dropdown list has the values "In Progress;;Completed;;Canceled", I need to hide "Canceled" if them member signed belong to group DETAILERS and hide all but "Canceled" if signed as a member of SALES group.

Thanks.

a.gneady
Site Admin

Re: How to hide a certain value in a dropdown list field?

Post by a.gneady » 2017-07-25 15:11

This can be done using the tablename_dv hook ... the general idea is to check the user group of the current user and then use JavaScript code for controlling the content of the drop-down accordingly.
For more info about tablename_dv hook: http://bigprof.com/appgini/help/advance ... blename_dv

AppGini customization course on Udemy (not free but has some lessons that are free to preview) includes many practical examples of how to customize your AppGini application: https://www.udemy.com/customizing-appgi ... ode=TENOFF

We also provide code customization service for a reasonable price. Please contact us via the support form on our website for a quote and time estimate.
:idea: AppGini plugins to add more power to your apps:
  • DataTalk is an innovative AppGini plugin based on ChatGPT that allows you to interact with your AppGini database using natural language questions, without writing any SQL. Check the demo video
  • Mass Update plugin: Update multiple records at once and improve your workflow efficiency.
  • Check our other plugins and get a generous discount of up to 30% when buying 2 or more plugins.

Alisson
Veteran Member

Re: How to hide a certain value in a dropdown list field?

Post by Alisson » 2017-08-12 01:29

Thanks a.gneady, I bought the course at Udemy, but unfortunately didn't have time to watch yet, anyway I've submitted an email with the changes I need for a quote.

Thanks again.