email All Sected records in print page

The recommended method of customizing your AppGini-generated application is through hooks. But sometimes you might need to add functionality not accessible through hooks. You can discuss this here.
simple.divya

email All Sected records in print page

Post by simple.divya » 2013-05-23 11:53

Dear Friends,

I am new in Appgini. I have requirement to mail all selected records diaplay in print preview page to a client mail ayaddress.

Please help me find out the solution.

Regards
Divya
Attachments
question1.jpg
question1.jpg (51.23 KiB) Viewed 3370 times

toconnell
Veteran Member

Re: email All Sected records in print page

Post by toconnell » 2013-06-06 16:00

I would reccomend you export to CSV, do the sort and then email the file.
Tina O'Connell
Web Dev & Appgini FAN

shasta59
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Re: email All Sected records in print page

Post by shasta59 » 2013-06-07 20:40

This would not be hard to do. If I get some time, but most likely not until late August/September, I will see if I can send/post the code. Here is what is needed.

The sort or selection criteria for the data needs to be known and then it is just a matter of running a function or code to send out the emails. I sort of do this with one site but not quite in this way. To get the records you had to do some sort of sort or filter. The conditions for this filter can then be held, for example, in a variable and then that is used to populate the command(s) for data selection and send the emails. Or take the array data needed to fill in the table above use that as data and send emails.

Many ways to approach this problem. Biggest problem is time.

It would eliminate the CSV export step and let it do what computers do best - automate the task.

Alan
Calgary, Alberta, Canada - Using Appgini 5.50 -