home.php changes

The recommended method of customizing your AppGini-generated application is through hooks. But sometimes you might need to add functionality not accessible through hooks. You can discuss this here.
bescott53

home.php changes

Post by bescott53 » 2013-02-26 20:57

Hello everyone,

I have some odd names for my tables in the database and these names have been carried forward into the home page and also on the title of the page where I am displaying the data from my table.

I have looked through the generated code and it seems to be picking this up automatically from the database. Is there an easy way to stop this and specify my own links?

I have used the hooks for this but can't seem to get rid of the automatically generated blocks?

Any pointers in this would be appreciated thanks

Kind regards
Bryan

KSan
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Re: home.php changes

Post by KSan » 2013-04-15 05:44

Not sure I understand this Bryan. Can you elaborate a little more? You can change display titles for the tables in the AppGini application. The tables you can rename in the application and manually in your MySQL app. Am I on the right track?

shasta59
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Post by shasta59 » 2013-04-17 21:29

Not sure if this is what you are looking for but if you look in incCommon.php for function getTableList() you will see a list as follows:

function getTableList(){
$arrTables=array(

tablename1'=>array('Table title', 'description of what table is for', 'table.gif'),
'tablename2'=>array('Table title', '', 'table.gif'),
'tablename3'=>array('Table title', 'this is a description of what this table is for', 'table.gif')

If you change this you do not have to update and regenerate the appgini application.

Change the text in red - leave the rest as what it is already and make sure you pay attention to placement of quotes and commas.

Hope this helps.

Alan
Calgary, Alberta, Canada - Using Appgini 5.50 -

bescott53

Post by bescott53 » 2013-04-25 18:52

Alan, thank you very much for your help. Apologies I did not get back sooner I have been on holiday.