Customize Table Groups

The recommended method of customizing your AppGini-generated application is through hooks. But sometimes you might need to add functionality not accessible through hooks. You can discuss this here.
cesteban
Veteran Member

Customize Table Groups

Post by cesteban » 2018-04-18 15:42

Hi,

I created a new link and included it in the file links-home.php

I have two Table Groups (ConsultorioE and Administrativo) and I want this new link to be in the first group

This new link appears in the second group and I have tried several options but I can't pass it to the first Table Group

I tried it in the file links-home.php with the option 'table_group' => 'ConsultorioE' and I tried it in the file links-navmenu.php with the option 'table_group' => 0 and always appears in the Group 'Administrativo '

Any suggestions to make it work?

Thank you :P

cesteban
Veteran Member

Re: Customize Table Groups

Post by cesteban » 2018-04-18 22:23

cesteban
Veteran Member

Post by cesteban » 2018-04-19 16:16

Hi,

My question is if the table_links never can be grouped with custom_links?

Regards

pbottcher
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Post by pbottcher » 2018-04-19 16:48

Hi Cesteban,

I would guess (not 100% sure) that this is the case. The custom links are always added at the end, so not linking to a specific group is possible.
Any help offered comes with the best of intentions. Use it at your own risk. In any case, please make a backup of your existing environment before applying any changes.

ronwill
Veteran Member

Post by ronwill » 2018-04-20 15:12

You can have your button link show in any of your groups (but is always added to end of the group. Here's example of what I put in the 'Links-home.php' on one of my projects that works

$homeLinks[] = array(
'url' => 'https://www.xxxxxxxx.info',
'title' => 'Return to Website',
'description' => 'Exit our App and return to Website',
'groups' => array('Clients'), // groups allowed to see this link, use '*' if you want to show the link to all groups
'table_group' => ('Standard Menu Items'), //optional number of table group (the first group is 0) USED A GROUP NAME AS FORUM MESSAGES - I THINK FROM YOUR MESSAGE YOU ARE USING THE GROUP NUMBER HERE!
'grid_column_classes' => 'col-sm-12 col-md-4 col-lg-4',
'panel_classes' => 'panel-danger',
'link_classes' => 'btn-danger',
'icon' => 'resources/table_icons/award_star_bronze_3.png'
);

As shown above I think the problem you are having is because you need to use group name not group number (it's mentioned somewhere else on the forum)

Cheers,
Ron
Ron - Gloucestershire, UK: AppGini Pro V 23.15 Rev 1484 - LOVING IT!
Plugins: Mass Update + Search Page Maker + Summary Reports + Calendar + Messages
Bizzworxx: AppGiniHelper + Inline Detail View
Alejandro Landini: To-Do List + MPI + TV Field Editor
Other: Udemy Course

cesteban
Veteran Member

Post by cesteban » 2018-04-20 22:31

Hi,

I found the error

Thank you pböttcher and ronwill

I forgot add the comma at the end of the last sentence before insert the 'table_group' =>

In my case the 'table_group' => was ignored and the custom_link was sent to the last Group

Be care about the last comma

Regards

Esteban Ceniceros
Mexico City