Notification Icon in nav-menu

The recommended method of customizing your AppGini-generated application is through hooks. But sometimes you might need to add functionality not accessible through hooks. You can discuss this here.
pbottcher
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Notification Icon in nav-menu

Post by pbottcher » 2018-04-09 08:18

Hi,
I'm running AppGini 5.7
I try to get an notification icon into the nav-bar. Currently I managed to have this enabled, but I need to modify the incCommon.php file and add a nav-bar item. As this file gets automatically recreated when I create my project, I would like to ask if anyone has an idea on how I could add the Icon through a hook, so that I do not need to modify the incCommon.php each time again.

Any ideas?
sampel.JPG
sampel.JPG (14.52 KiB) Viewed 2340 times
Thanks
Pascal
Any help offered comes with the best of intentions. Use it at your own risk. In any case, please make a backup of your existing environment before applying any changes.

R Tammam
Veteran Member

Re: Notification Icon in nav-menu

Post by R Tammam » 2018-04-16 12:51

Hello pböttcher,
yes , you can add it through hooks , in hooks\footer-extras.php you should use js code to insert it

pbottcher
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Post by pbottcher » 2018-04-16 15:40

Hi Tammam,
thanks for the reply. But I struggle a little bit with this reply. How would I add a nav-bar item through the footer-extras.php?

regards
Pascal
Any help offered comes with the best of intentions. Use it at your own risk. In any case, please make a backup of your existing environment before applying any changes.

pbottcher
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Post by pbottcher » 2018-04-19 13:57

Thanks Tammam,
I found it.

regards
Pascal