Forwarding to a custom page with a record id as query string

The recommended method of customizing your AppGini-generated application is through hooks. But sometimes you might need to add functionality not accessible through hooks. You can discuss this here.
azharhussain

Forwarding to a custom page with a record id as query string

Post by azharhussain » 2017-05-23 15:18

Hi everyone,

Plese advise how i can pass the ID of the current record (after saving) to a custom link or page as query string. I tried to use link option of the field but it is forwarding the link with out current record ID.

Steps I tried:
1. In tool: Created a link field with default value (readable): mycustomlink.php
2. In tool: Set field as clickable icon
3. In web app: Now created a record and saved it (detail view)
4. In web app: Click the icon, which is forwarded to mycustomlink.php but I am not able to get the record_id (as query string).

Pls. advise

Syed

a.gneady
Site Admin

Re: Forwarding to a custom page with a record id as query string

Post by a.gneady » 2017-08-03 10:38

If what you wish to do is forward users to another page after inserting a new record, you can use the "Redirect after insert" option in AppGini for that purpose. Select the concerned table and then type the URL into the "Redirect after insert" box. To pass the ID of the record to the new URL, use #ID# placeholder anywhere you need in the URL.
:idea: AppGini plugins to add more power to your apps:
  • DataTalk is an innovative AppGini plugin based on ChatGPT that allows you to interact with your AppGini database using natural language questions, without writing any SQL. Check the demo video
  • Mass Update plugin: Update multiple records at once and improve your workflow efficiency.
  • Check our other plugins and get a generous discount of up to 30% when buying 2 or more plugins.

sandy3269

Post by sandy3269 » 2019-01-18 09:46

Does the Redirect after insert still work in version 5.72? I recently found that every time I change the field too other than what is there, the program changes it back. In other words, I enter a new redirect, move too another table, then look back and it has reverted back too it's old setting, even if I save the application before moving on. Weird...............

What I am trying too do is have a set of forms be data entered in a certain order.

a.gneady
Site Admin

Post by a.gneady » 2019-01-24 13:58

I enter a new redirect, move too another table, then look back and it has reverted back too it's old setting
I just tried this now and wasn't able to reproduce the issue. The redirect URL was preserved as expected. Could you record a screencast of this issue if possible please? (you could use a free tool named Techsmith Jing for that purpose).
:idea: AppGini plugins to add more power to your apps:
  • DataTalk is an innovative AppGini plugin based on ChatGPT that allows you to interact with your AppGini database using natural language questions, without writing any SQL. Check the demo video
  • Mass Update plugin: Update multiple records at once and improve your workflow efficiency.
  • Check our other plugins and get a generous discount of up to 30% when buying 2 or more plugins.