Know if we can do this....

The recommended method of customizing your AppGini-generated application is through hooks. But sometimes you might need to add functionality not accessible through hooks. You can discuss this here.
shoory

Know if we can do this....

Post by shoory » 2016-07-22 17:21

I want to know if I can do this with your application ... need to register data Person based on multilevel scheme .. registration data starts with a person as a parent and below it are being added you up to 5 people as dependent children .after the prime register child will add another 5 people and so on.we want to have the trace and control of this multilevel network . that we reach in this connection with your application ?

Noha Eshra

Re: Know if we can do this....

Post by Noha Eshra » 2016-07-25 06:06

This can be done by creating one table in which you add the person data. Assuming that the table name is person, you should create a look-up field and set its parent table to "person" (that is the look-up field should point to its same table). You should then select the table and click the "parent-children settings" button and enable person sub-table.

grimblefritz
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Post by grimblefritz » 2016-07-25 11:48

shoory, if I understand correctly:

You wish to maintain a tree structure with 5 leaves per node. This is similar to a B+ tree. You're basically building a database that is itself an index.

You want this tree to either auto-balance -- fill all leaves in the same node level before creating a new node level -- or to auto-grow -- create a new leaf level when a node is filled. You probably also need to deal with creation/deletion of nodes, grafting branches, etc.

This would not be easy to do with AppGini, or any other app generator or CRUD tool, without adding a lot of customization. App generators, by design, do things in a very standard manner. If you get too far from the design, you end up coding as much to bypass the generators standard approach, as you do coding to solve your actual problem.

Based on your comments, it sounds to me like you are wanting a multi-level marketing database/application. Those exist. Have you tried googling for MLM downline management or MLM CRM or MLM free software? If your time is worth anything at all, I think that would be the easier, cheaper route.

shoory

Post by shoory » 2016-07-25 19:13

Thanks all for the comments, now i have more clear the thing.. thanks.