Multiple instances of a Lookup Field in the one Detail View

The recommended method of customizing your AppGini-generated application is through hooks. But sometimes you might need to add functionality not accessible through hooks. You can discuss this here.
peebee
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Multiple instances of a Lookup Field in the one Detail View

Post by peebee » 2014-04-08 05:05

Anyone know how I can display more than one instance of a particular lookup field in the Detail View?

I have a very large table (180+ fields) so rather than have to constantly scroll down for the Detail View, the data fields are displayed in tables within a tabbed format (using Bootstrap's tables/tabs).

I would like to display a "Lookup Field" in more than one location on the Detail View, so the input be can seen on several of the tabs (for reference purposes only). Only the first instance of the lookup field needs to be editable. Any other instance can/should be readonly.

In previous versions of Appgini (prior to V5.10 I think?) this was a very simple matter of adding <%%COMBOTEXT(fieldname)%%> instead of the generated <%%COMBO(fieldname)%%>. The result was a readonly text output of the lookup field. Perfect for my requirements!

I'm now using Appgini V5.23. Sadly, looks like <%%COMBOTEXT(fieldname)%%> is no longer supported post Appgini V5.10. Lookup fields can apparently only be displayed once in the Detail View. Everything I've tried so far just ends up in a blank field.

Any suggestions on how to resolve this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

a.gneady
Site Admin

Re: Multiple instances of a Lookup Field in the one Detail V

Post by a.gneady » 2014-04-14 05:55

This issue is indeed a bug that we have on our backlog for fixing in future releases. Please accept my deep apologies for any inconvenience caused by this issue.
:idea: AppGini plugins to add more power to your apps:
  • DataTalk is an innovative AppGini plugin based on ChatGPT that allows you to interact with your AppGini database using natural language questions, without writing any SQL. Check the demo video
  • Mass Update plugin: Update multiple records at once and improve your workflow efficiency.
  • Check our other plugins and get a generous discount of up to 30% when buying 2 or more plugins.

peebee
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Post by peebee » 2014-04-14 06:43

Thanks for the reply Ahmad. No temporary workaround available that you can think of? Quick and dirty is OK by me. Thanks.

a.gneady
Site Admin

Post by a.gneady » 2014-04-15 06:13

Didn't get to check it yet, but if I find a quick fix, I'll post it here.
  • DataTalk is an innovative AppGini plugin based on ChatGPT that allows you to interact with your AppGini database using natural language questions, without writing any SQL. Check the demo video
  • Mass Update plugin: Update multiple records at once and improve your workflow efficiency.
  • Check our other plugins and get a generous discount of up to 30% when buying 2 or more plugins.

jyork03

Post by jyork03 » 2014-06-20 20:03

Any update on this one?

a.gneady
Site Admin

Post by a.gneady » 2014-06-22 03:45

<%%COMBOTEXT(fieldname)%%> was fixed in 5.30 .. Did you give it a try?