HOOKS $data['selectedID'] question

Discussions related to customizing hooks. Hooks are documented at http://bigprof.com/appgini/help/advanced-topics/hooks/
jeffc

HOOKS $data['selectedID'] question

Post by jeffc » 2013-01-17 03:50

I am working on a HOOKS application where i need to pull some of the records data to perform validation with. In this case the $data['field'] function is working fine. I am able to access all the content that i need. I have a problem with collecting the records identity via $data['selectedID']. I am not able to get any results when using the selectedID or in trying to obtain the counter value (counter is the field defined as the Primary Key).

The function i am using is: function user_access_after_update($data, $memberInfo, &$args). ECHO $data['selectedID'] followed by DIE() yields no data but ECHO $data['field'] followed by DIE() echos the correct data.

After chasing this all day i am looking for any suggestions? :shock:

Thanks

a.gneady
Site Admin

Re: HOOKS $data['selectedID'] question

Post by a.gneady » 2013-01-19 17:43

Umm ... that sounds strange ... could you send me the project file to check this?
:idea: AppGini plugins to add more power to your apps:
  • DataTalk is an innovative AppGini plugin based on ChatGPT that allows you to interact with your AppGini database using natural language questions, without writing any SQL. Check the demo video
  • Mass Update plugin: Update multiple records at once and improve your workflow efficiency.
  • Check our other plugins and get a generous discount of up to 30% when buying 2 or more plugins.