Text Editor ckEditor

Discussions related to customizing hooks. Hooks are documented at http://bigprof.com/appgini/help/advanced-topics/hooks/
ronwill
Veteran Member

Text Editor ckEditor

Post by ronwill » 2017-12-22 10:50

I've been trying to learn new things and thought I'd try using ckeditor instead of Nicedit!

I've managed to install it and it all works or at least i thought it did!

The editor shows up and all functions work (I'm signed in with editing permissions), but when I sign out and log in as Guest, whilst I can't save/edit the Textarea, I can (unlike with Nicedit where you would see only the content) see all the editing/menu of ckeditor just like when in editing mode.

Question is this supposed to be what happens?
Or am I missing something?

I used the hook file for the page adding for header detailed view $header='<%%HEADER%%><script src="https://cdn.ckeditor.com/4.8.0/full/cke ... "></script>';
and on the template page added: <script> CKEDITOR.replace( 'Text1' ); </script>

As said all works except the 'view' to a guest where I thought they should only see the 'content of the text area not a view of the text editor with all it's functions visable.

Help!!!
Cheers,
Ron
Ron - Gloucestershire, UK: AppGini Pro V 23.15 Rev 1484 - LOVING IT!
Plugins: Mass Update + Search Page Maker + Summary Reports + Calendar + Messages
Bizzworxx: AppGiniHelper + Inline Detail View
Alejandro Landini: To-Do List + MPI + TV Field Editor
Other: Udemy Course

ronwill
Veteran Member

Re: Text Editor ckEditor

Post by ronwill » 2017-12-22 16:45

Sorry, panic over! i found a solution and the issue. I had the text area set as Rich (Html) area, once I'd changed it to a 'Text Area' it all worked as I hoped for: now when signed in with perms I get the Ckeditor mode, when signed out I just see the content.
Cheers,
Ron
Ron - Gloucestershire, UK: AppGini Pro V 23.15 Rev 1484 - LOVING IT!
Plugins: Mass Update + Search Page Maker + Summary Reports + Calendar + Messages
Bizzworxx: AppGiniHelper + Inline Detail View
Alejandro Landini: To-Do List + MPI + TV Field Editor
Other: Udemy Course