How to link to enter a new record avoiding the table view?

Discussions related to customizing hooks. Hooks are documented at http://bigprof.com/appgini/help/advanced-topics/hooks/
nycwebmaster
Veteran Member

How to link to enter a new record avoiding the table view?

Post by nycwebmaster » 2017-11-10 21:39

Using Latest version 5.62 revision 990 of Appgini!

Let's say I have a table to list customers and I want to redirect new customers to enter their information, normally you are redirected to the table view and click on the "Add New" button and you can add a new record. How do I create a link that override this process and get into the form that allows to enter the new record?

for example currently I can make a link called events_view.php but that solution takes me to all the records and then I will click on the "Add new" button and Appgini will present the form to enter a new record, how do I get there directly from a link?

Abeer

Re: How to link to enter a new record avoiding the table view?

Post by Abeer » 2017-11-15 07:59

I'm not sure is that what you trying to do, but if you have customers group for example, and want each member in customers group to fill in his record in customers table directly without being able to access all table records, you can disable view permission, and enable insert permission for customers group from your admin area, so that when any customer member clicks customers table from homepage he will be directed to add new form without opening customers table view. :)

nycwebmaster
Veteran Member

Re: How to link to enter a new record avoiding the table view?

Post by nycwebmaster » 2017-11-15 15:27

That is a nice strategy! I will try it and give feedback.