Filter a lookup field by login group

Discussions related to customizing hooks. Hooks are documented at http://bigprof.com/appgini/help/advanced-topics/hooks/
earthbaer

Filter a lookup field by login group

Post by earthbaer » 2014-07-27 22:04

Hello everyone,
I try to get my first AppGini Project running. But I am still in some trouble customizing the way it works.
I try to filter a lookup field with the user group of the logged in user.
With the help of the copied membership_groups table and the in AppGini contained function filter by "groupID" unfortunately it did not work because the "automatic value - <%%creatorGroupID%%>" is written only after saving the record.

Is there any way to realize the lookup field filtering via hooks or magic file?

Thanks in advance for your support
Matthias

If anybody need further information, please do not hesitate t ask.

udayvatturi
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Re: Filter a lookup field by login group

Post by udayvatturi » 2014-07-28 09:23

Hi Matthias,
I couldnt able to understand your requirements clearly, but as per my understanding, Please make sure that your permissions in the group are correct and you checked the "Inherit Access Permissions" near lookup field as given in the picture.
Capture3.PNG
Capture3.PNG (36.98 KiB) Viewed 4489 times

earthbaer

Re: Filter a lookup field by login group

Post by earthbaer » 2014-08-03 19:52

Hi there,
Thanks for the suggestion.
In my database employees should enter there working hours for a project, including the activities. The activities are dependent on the department they belong to.
I want that the employees based on their department (user group) only can choose activities from the lookup filed which they are allowed to choose.

I have tried over the Inherit feature the activities to filter, but without success.

Thanks
Matthias

Matthias