New Record Creation Time

Discussions related to customizing hooks. Hooks are documented at http://bigprof.com/appgini/help/advanced-topics/hooks/
Kire5

New Record Creation Time

Post by Kire5 » 2014-07-27 13:22

Hey everyone... long time browser, 1st time poster =)

Because of the nature of our business, sometimes several minutes go by during the record creation process. I currently have a field ("TimeofCall") that captures the creation time of the new record but it would be more accurate for our purposes to capture the time that the new record was initialized, rather than when it was saved.

I'd imagine that if we captured the current time and defaulted the "TimeofCall" field to that value when a new record was began (via hooks?) that would solve it. It would be great also if this time were editable in case we're back logged and needing to account for earlier calls.

If anyone could help with the syntax/placement of that code I would be very grateful! (I've managed to piece some other functionality together with the aid of this forum and the net in general but if I've missed how to do this somewhere plz point me in that direction and forgive the unnecessary post)

udayvatturi
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Re: New Record Creation Time

Post by udayvatturi » 2014-07-28 09:27

Hi,

You can write <table name>-dv.js file which contains following code
1. get current time using javascript
2. put that value in the textbox of the corresponding fild
3. make the field readonly using Javascript (Not Appgini)

Thanks it.
Maximum 5 to 6 lines of javascript coding is required.